• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Apps to buy?

Good idea about maybe waiting until Black Friday / Cyber Monday! Does anyone know if Foxfi works on the note 3 or are there other / better wifi tether utilities out there?

I used to use foxfi or fatten, but that was to get around the hotspot lock verizon had on my phone. Now on the share everything plan it is unlocked so I don't really see the need unless there is something special about it? Wifi is kinda on or not right?

Upvote 0
Good idea about maybe waiting until Black Friday / Cyber Monday! Does anyone know if Foxfi works on the note 3 or are there other / better wifi tether utilities out there?

Yes FoxFi works very well. They have made some changes to it that are kind of annoying. When you first launch the app, DON'T activate the hotspot yet. Hit the menu button and choose 'Hash Code', it will pop up with a box, type in 'nolockscreen' without the quotes and hit 'Ok'. This will prevent the security certificates from being installed and forcing your phone to use a lockscreen.

Upvote 0
I've been wanting an offline navigation app. Thinking about grabbing one of the Co-pilot programs. That way I have something just in case I can't get to Google Maps/Navigation. Other than that, I haven't really thought of anything else.

Try 'GPS Navigation & Maps' by skobbler.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones