• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best battery widget?

D

Deleted User

So, I liked the looks of Battery Left, and gave it a try. I'm running the OEM extended battery.

edit: Removed bulk of post since developer is working with me on pinpointing the issue.

So, looking for another good 1x1 battery widget that'll do increments of 1% - or at least 5%. Suggestions? I've found several that will just report the stock %, which doesn't help since stock will only do 10% increments.

I'm having some accuracy problems with it but the developer seems totally willing to work with me on them so I'm reserving my judgement until I do some further testing.

Come tomorrow I'm loading the Better Left Widget on my new Droid X (running stock 2.1 until the official 2.2 is released by vzw/moto.) I'll let you know what i think, but from all the research I've done I think this widget has the potential to be the best battery one out there if you give it about 2 weeks to get used to your phone habits.

I read that you can make it a smaller 1x1 widget...is this true? Most people I've talked with use it 2x1. Does it make a difference?

Upvote 0
Well, I don't care about its time estimates which is what it needs the time to adjust to. It should only need one full discharge through to get the battery percentages right.

Yes, you can make it 1x1 or 2x1... I like the 1x1. No difference other than the size.

Upvote 0
FWIW Battery Left has been terribly inaccurate for me. As in it will say 35% and the system says 70%. I am not exactly sure why and I haven't uninstalled. In addition to the widget I love that you can just put it in the notification bar - I like my screens as minimal as possible so this is a great feature.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones