• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy $199 and $ 50 Card for Note II

You need to read the above posts then you'd find out you don't qualify for the gift card.
ctxx24, too late for me since I've had my phone since Monday for $199.00 from BB. I'd have to return it today and then reserve the gift card immediately since today's the last day. Not gonna happen.
Are you sure???

Upvote 0
ya theres no way best buy is going to give this phone for 149. Even if say amazon has it for 199 tomorrow best buy will not match price AND give you the 50 gift card. You will get it for 199, that's the lowest, unless amazon drops the price down lower than 199!

Ok. I did...lol. The 50 bux is towards any upgrade or new phone. That has no affect on how much you get the phone for.

Upvote 0
Best Buy Mobile is offering a $50 Best Buy Gift Card, when you get a phone with a 2-Year Agreement. Best Buy is an authorized reseller for Verizon, AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile.

Some best bets:
  • Samsung Galaxy S II for $99.99 + $50 Best Buy GC
  • Samsung Galaxy Note II for $199.00 + $50 Best Buy GC
  • Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket for FREE + $50 Best Buy GC
  • Apple iPhone 5 for $199 + $50 Best Buy GC

Upvote 0
Sorry, but according to my local BB Wireless manager your wrong jack58. BB will have the phone back up in price tomorrow to $249.00 and that's when these $50.00 gift cards become active if you reserve one no later then today. So unless folks price match they'll be getting the phone for $249.00 - $50.00 gift card which brings it back to $199.00 which is what it's been all this past week anyway. BB is just playing games with the consumer!

Upvote 0
Too late for me, and too much of a hassle at this point! It would have required me to return the phone by yesterday, have them remove it from AT&T, rush to reserve the coupon yesterday, and assume they'd have the color in stock when I went to repurchase it again today/tomorrow. If not, I'd be without a phone until they did which wouldn't work. I also think there would have been an issue with me returning it and then repurchasing it again with a price match when I had already gotten it from them for $199.99. Oh well. Let's see if someone else pulled this off with a price match and coupon. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it'll also drop in price within the next few weeks so we recent purchasers can still get some money back! :)

Upvote 0
Gift coupon can be spent anyway you wish.
First they try to tell you that you have to get the phone this weekend to get it. Nope, I go see manager and tell him I got the phone two weeks ago, as long as it is within my 45 days time frame, I qualify.
AND as a gift card, you can spend it anywhere in the store. So I got a couple 3D movies.

You just gotta know just what buttons to push, :D plus I spend the lot at BB and they know it as I claim silver status almost every year.

Upvote 0
Too late for me, and too much of a hassle at this point! It would have required me to return the phone by yesterday, have them remove it from AT&T, rush to reserve the coupon yesterday, and assume they'd have the color in stock when I went to repurchase it again today/tomorrow. If not, I'd be without a phone until they did which wouldn't work. I also think there would have been an issue with me returning it and then repurchasing it again with a price match when I had already gotten it from them for $199.99. Oh well. Let's see if someone else pulled this off with a price match and coupon. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it'll also drop in price within the next few weeks so we recent purchasers can still get some money back! :)

Too much hassle and not possible are completely different things, but let's not detract others from trying to get the best deal they can possibly get.

I prefer convenience as well, but I have 4 best buy locations within 5-7 miles from my house so printing out a deal on Amazon and asking for the possibility of re-doing my purchase to take advantage of deal. I never feel it's inconvenient to ask. Worse case scenario, they tell me no and I just move on with my business. No harm done.

Upvote 0
Gift coupon can be spent anyway you wish.
First they try to tell you that you have to get the phone this weekend to get it. Nope, I go see manager and tell him I got the phone two weeks ago, as long as it is within my 45 days time frame, I qualify.
AND as a gift card, you can spend it anywhere in the store. So I got a couple 3D movies.

You just gotta know just what buttons to push, :D plus I spend the lot at BB and they know it as I claim silver status almost every year.

jack58: That is contrary to what an online BB representative, and in store wireless BB representative, and the BB Wireless store manager told me. So you're saying they gave you the $50.00 gift card even though you purchased the phone 2 weeks ago? Where is this 45 day timeframe you speak of coming from? If you don't mind me asking what was the price you payed 2 weeks ago for the phone? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I just got the note 2 from BB last week for 200. Love it

jack58: That is contrary to what an online BB representative, and in store wireless BB representative, and the BB Wireless store manager told me. So you're saying they gave you the $50.00 gift card even though you purchased the phone 2 weeks ago? Where is this 45 day timeframe you speak of coming from? If you don't mind me asking what was the price you payed 2 weeks ago for the phone? Thanks.
You called me out twice now on conflict... don't like that much ;)

First, do you homework on the deals... and let me make this clear... you've got to talk to the right person. Always. Reps, especially on the phone, will give you nothing. The ones working in the phone area will give you nothing. This is what they're taught to do. I ALWAYS talk to the service department and if I have to, the store manager. Never been turned down. Of course I have silver status, so that means I spend a lot of money at BB. They want to keep me happy.

Now to answer your questions:
I have silver status which gives me 45 days to return or change my mind.
I had the Note I for 42 which I paid $150 for it. Two weeks ago, I paid another $150 for the Note II. Now I got 45 more days. Then last weekend they refunded me $100 of that for the $199 deal at the time for the Note II, then yesterday, a $50 gift card that the floor guys didn't even know was going on.

The deal got sweeter today as the weekend special says this:
If you get a Samsung Phone with a two year contract, you get $100 off on select Samsung Notebooks.

Look online or get their deals ads when you go to the store.
Computers & Tablets : Samsung_Laptop_Tablet_Phone_Offer_103656 - Best Buy

Guess what... since I'm in my 45 day time frame, I got a Samsung Notebook today. :D

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
If you get a Samsung Phone with a two year contract, you get $100 off on select Samsung Notebooks.

Guess what... since I'm in my 45 day time frame, I got a Samsung Notebook today. :D

Damn. Wish they had that deal when I got the phone. Would've had note 10.1 and the note 2. Appreciate u posting this. Gonna send to my uncle who was planning on buying tablet.

Upvote 0
You called me out twice now on conflict... don't like that much ;)

First, do you homework on the deals... and let me make this clear... you've got to talk to the right person. Always. Reps, especially on the phone, will give you nothing. The ones working in the phone area will give you nothing. This is what they're taught to do. I ALWAYS talk to the service department and if I have to, the store manager. Never been turned down. Of course I have silver status, so that means I spend a lot of money at BB. They want to keep me happy.

Now to answer your questions:
I have silver status which gives me 45 days to return or change my mind.
I had the Note I for 42 which I paid $150 for it. Two weeks ago, I paid another $150 for the Note II. Now I got 45 more days. Then last weekend they refunded me $100 of that for the $199 deal at the time for the Note II, then yesterday, a $50 gift card that the floor guys didn't even know was going on.

Sorry, not trying to call you out I'm just trying to understand why there are exceptions to the rules. We all know money talks! :)

Upvote 0
Sorry, not trying to call you out I'm just trying to understand why there are exceptions to the rules. We all know money talks! :)
OK, no problem, maybe I took it wrong. If I did, then I'm sorry. :D

Just remember, it is WHO you talk to and go up the ladder until you get the answer you want... as long as it is within reason. They KNOW I'll spend more money there and I do.

Upvote 0

There are exceptions when a retail company wants to retain customers, as well as increase build good rapport.

I've found that my approach and mannerisms whenever dealing with situations like this, will dictate the success or failure.

I've said this earlier in the thread, and throughout the entire forum:

1) It never hurts to ask.
2) Worst they can say is "no."

Now, one's approach to the above is definitely important as well. If a customer comes in, yells, screams, etc...until they get their way, that might prove to be successful, but it's also possible that their account could be "black listed" for future purchases. Now, I personally approach things like this without a sense of entitlement. I never "expect" that they're going to do anything for me. I go in with the attitude that, if they hook me up, it just gives me more and more reason to continue shopping with them.

There's a reason that Best Buy had closed many locations and started opening up smaller Best Buy mobile locations. Their mobile sales are great and have generated the most business they've had. It's rare that I'll buy anything else from there, unless there's an outstanding deal that can't be beat anywhere online. Best Buy can't necessarily keep that same MO for a long time because they have much higher overhead than online companies. They can, however, compete when it comes to subsidized phone purchases. And most people would really prefer purchasing a phone in person, rather than online.

Upvote 0
There are exceptions when a retail company wants to retain customers, as well as increase build good rapport.

I've found that my approach and mannerisms whenever dealing with situations like this, will dictate the success or failure.

I've said this earlier in the thread, and throughout the entire forum:

1) It never hurts to ask.
2) Worst they can say is "no."

Now, one's approach to the above is definitely important as well. If a customer comes in, yells, screams, etc...until they get their way, that might prove to be successful, but it's also possible that their account could be "black listed" for future purchases. Now, I personally approach things like this without a sense of entitlement. I never "expect" that they're going to do anything for me. I go in with the attitude that, if they hook me up, it just gives me more and more reason to continue shopping with them.

There's a reason that Best Buy had closed many locations and started opening up smaller Best Buy mobile locations. Their mobile sales are great and have generated the most business they've had. It's rare that I'll buy anything else from there, unless there's an outstanding deal that can't be beat anywhere online. Best Buy can't necessarily keep that same MO for a long time because they have much higher overhead than online companies. They can, however, compete when it comes to subsidized phone purchases. And most people would really prefer purchasing a phone in person, rather than online.

True.. I've never yelled or screamed or even frowned. That don't work. I just keep moving up the chain until I get results. They know I spend a lot there and want to keep me there. Like today I bought that notebook when normally I go online for that. Also bought a terrifice 3D 60" Samsung there last year for half price with open box and some dickering, again with a manager. So good deals can be had if you LOOK & ASK the right people.

Upvote 0
True.. I've never yelled or screamed or even frowned. That don't work. I just keep moving up the chain until I get results. They know I spend a lot there and want to keep me there. Like today I bought that notebook when normally I go online for that. Also bought a terrifice 3D 60" Samsung there last year for half price with open box and some dickering, again with a manager. So good deals can be had if you LOOK & ASK the right people.

Yup. And even when I get the deals, the managers love dealing with me over and over. Even the reps, without hesitation, will just automatically go to their managers and make a case for me.

The only times I've gotten turned down for price matches were from very random websites.

Upvote 0
Hi guys and gals
I just login in to amazon they give me a note2 for $169.99 for my upgrade, I might try and see if BBuy will price match and plus get the $50 card can't hurt.
Has anyone tried add an extra line get the note for $99. Then cancel the line with an upgrade? So you get the note for $99?

Earlier in this thread, as well as the original Best Buy thread, I posted my experience when I had originally purchase my Note 2. Best Buy had the same $50 offer last year, which they called "Phone Freedom."

- Originally purchased the Note 2 for $299 minus $50 for the "Phone Freedom," so I basically paid $249+ tax (w/ best buy gift cards).

- That day, Amazon Wireless did a sale and dropped the price to $199, so I printed it out, went back to Best Buy customer service and had them price match. The price match gave me $100 back (as well as some tax), placed onto gift cards (since that's how I originally paid).

- Next day, Wirefly had a Friends and Family sale at $149 for upgrade, so I went back and Best Buy price matched again, so I got another $50 credit.

- A couple weeks later, Amazon Wireless had a deal for $99 on new contract. Just to ask, I decided to stop by Best Buy to see if they'd be willing to give me the price match and sure enough, they gave it to me.

Bottom line, I ended paying $49 ($99 - $50 Phone Freedom).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones