• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy Details

Congrats.

Thank you. It turns out that the reason why they first wouldn't do it was because of the iPhone. I kid you not. He said that everybody and their mother has heen calling for weeks to early upgrade and they finally had enough and made a blanket policy if no early upgrades unless their was legitimate reasons. So, I don't know if my story helped my cause or if I truly convinced the rep and his manager that I wasn't interested in the iPhone. Either way, I'm a happy guy.

Upvote 0
Hey Jay,

Or anyone else who might be able to help-

I am anticipating the 24th release date and have a TB preordered as some of you seem to. I am debating to switch to verizon for a 1yr contract, or try to go with BB for the buy Back program- but If i have to pay for the buy back program, i might as well go for verizon because of the similar prices.

anyone have any information on the buy back program/if it is free and for how long? thru the 24th?

just wondering. thank you in advance for any responses or information-

-Chriz

Upvote 0
Hey Jay,

Or anyone else who might be able to help-

I am anticipating the 24th release date and have a TB preordered as some of you seem to. I am debating to switch to verizon for a 1yr contract, or try to go with BB for the buy Back program- but If i have to pay for the buy back program, i might as well go for verizon because of the similar prices.

anyone have any information on the buy back program/if it is free and for how long? thru the 24th?

just wondering. thank you in advance for any responses or information-

-Chriz

Jay told Mr it was going thru the 26th

Upvote 0
Jay, have you heard anything about this business of the phone not coming with a sim card at launch and we will have to order a sim kit down the road when 4G is up and running? I was just over at android central and some people are saying that the Verizon people are saying that. That would not be cool, IMO. Thanks.

the phone should come with a sim, verizon wouldnt fubar the launch of their first 4G LTE phone with that

Upvote 0
the phone should come with a sim, verizon wouldnt fubar the launch of their first 4G LTE phone with that

Here's to hoping you're right. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but it would put an ugly mark on what should be a beautiful thing. Kind of like buying a sweet sports car and finding out it's got a govenor on it set to 65. It still might get you some action, but it just wouldn't feel right. I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, haha...but you get my point. :)

Upvote 0
That's just my luck.
Do you know of any tricks that I can pull by adding a line for just a few days and then backing out, since it would be like a trial or something? (Grasping at straws...haha)

My date is 3/19. I called the 611 number and the rep told me they can definitely move me up if I am within the 30 day window. They are supposed to call me Friday or Saturday to make it happen. I would try them again. Sometimes it takes the right rep to help.

Just saw you got it. Congrats. Late to the party again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones