• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy not in stock till 4/30?

You went to a sloppy store.

I went on Sunday the 18th. I am #1 in line.

How do I know? They pulled out the pre-order sheet, wrote down my name and place in line, asked for my current number, and asked when I want to come in.

So I chose my lunch break. I come in at 12:30 and get to skip everyone in line who wanted one, and activate the #1 that was saved for me.

You should call them.. like right now.

Yeah mine wasn't as organized as yours but I'm expecting a call from them tomorrow, if not I'll give them a call.

Upvote 0
I'm so bitter right now. I could have my phone tomorrow. But instead, these tools can't sell the phone because Verizon won't let them?

I've always hated BB what the hell was I thinking.

At least I'm #1 in line.

Just Fing pissed that these god damn $30 coupon and free activations came up after I signed up.

I guess jumping the gun burned me. Who woulda thought. Last time I ever pre-order a phone.

They don't give me that $30 and I'm going to make a Fing scene I swear to god he will feel my wrath.

I hate you Verizon. At least it's not as bad as what they do to their stores - i feel sorry for those employees who have to deal with everyone leaving because of the mail in rebates.

Online best
BB second
Verizon verified store 3rd
3rd party verizon - don't even TRY going in there. creepy sleeze balls make BB look like the pope.

were you the guy that said "BB Promised me I'd get one on the 25th" ... i'm too lazy to search through a 900 page thread.

Upvote 0
my BB just told me they are not guaranteeing they will have it on the 29th. They get there shipments on Tuesday and Thursday, none are in the store now so hopefully they get them Thursday. I cannot get a refund either because it's a $50 gift card. Im kinda pissed now, if I knew this, I would have just preordered online

i returned my $50.00 gift card a few days and pre-ordered thru verizon. i had gone to the customer service first and she didn' know what to do. i believe you must go direct to the verizon rep in bb because he gave it back immediately. perhaps tell them that the manchester new hampshire bb store gives refunds on gift cards.

perhaps someone might enlighten me on the $30.00 rebate? i didn't see that when i ordered at verizon on-line

Upvote 0
You went to a sloppy store.

I went on Sunday the 18th. I am #1 in line.

How do I know? They pulled out the pre-order sheet, wrote down my name and place in line, asked for my current number, and asked when I want to come in.

So I chose my lunch break. I come in at 12:30 and get to skip everyone in line who wanted one, and activate the #1 that was saved for me.

You should call them.. like right now.

I work next door to the BB so I am going there tomorrow to talk to them. I have called three times and each time I call they can't/won't transfer you to any direct department. You just talk to the customer service person. I have tried to call for other things and get same response so in person it is.

Upvote 0
I called my local BB stored tonight and spoke with the BB mobile rep. I explained that I had pre-ordered two DI's and had a quick question. I told him that I'm not trying to pick the phone up early but just wanted to know if they had the phone in stock. He politely said, yep. I said great and then asked, do you have enough DI's to cover your pre-orders. He said yep. I said excellent. My last question to him was what time can I come in on Thursday to pick my phones up. He said first thing in the morning if you like. I said perfect, I'll see you on Thursday.

After all of that, I still don't trust BB. I went ahead and pre-ordered through VZW online and my order has been processed and I'm awaiting my shipping notification. I may still pick up the two extra DI's from BB and flip them for a profit on Ebay being that the DI is hot right now....

Upvote 0
well i went to my local best buy (ventura, ca) and asked if they had them yet. he said no they did not. this seems to be the case with all the so-cal reports...anywho he continued to say that they should be getting them tomorrow or at latest thursday. he said usually they don't get stuff on wednesdays but occasionally for something big (like a pre order) they get a separate shipment. he also said that i will receive a call when they come to set up an appointment time of when i will be able to come in and activate. also stated that if you pre order you are guaranteed one no matter what time you come in. sadly i won't be able to go in until after work....gonna be the longest day ever.

so all in all, yet another so-cal best buy does not have them in stock yet, but supposedly we are guaranteed to have them by thursday. i swear if they do not have the phone in stock on thursday i will start a riot and tear the store down wall by wall...well not literally, but i can promise things will get ugly and children will cry...

despite all that rep said i still feel uneasy about all this

Upvote 0
well i went to my local best buy (ventura, ca) and asked if they had them yet. he said no they did not. this seems to be the case with all the so-cal reports...anywho he continued to say that they should be getting them tomorrow or at latest thursday. he said usually they don't get stuff on wednesdays but occasionally for something big (like a pre order) they get a separate shipment. he also said that i will receive a call when they come to set up an appointment time of when i will be able to come in and activate. also stated that if you pre order you are guaranteed one no matter what time you come in. sadly i won't be able to go in until after work....gonna be the longest day ever.

so all in all, yet another so-cal best buy does not have them in stock yet, but supposedly we are guaranteed to have them by thursday. i swear if they do not have the phone in stock on thursday i will start a riot and tear the store down wall by wall...well not literally, but i can promise things will get ugly and children will cry...

despite all that rep said i still feel uneasy about all this

This is strange being that my local BB store is a so-cal store (Corona, Ca). I called today and he mentioned that they have DI

Upvote 0
I know a lot of people here like BB and all, but it just blows my mind when I go into some of them, there is just this atmosphere in the store that's hard to place; almost... Twilight Zone-ish.

Also, our BB here is practically a brand new store, less than one year old, and the BB Mobile section, where the phone display models table is, just looks so... neglected. Weird. :thinking:

Upvote 0
So I called a different Best Buy and they said that he can’t tell me if they have them yet – I’m guessing for security reasons, if someone was aware they were in house they could plan a robbery, or something the like – and that we will release them tomorrow, we have to. So I’m beginning to believe that my store just simply won’t tell me that they have them, due to some sort of security policy.

In any event, apparently they “have to have” them available for tomorrow’s release. So that does calm me down a bit. I have faith, very little, but I think I’ll be picking mine up from BB on the ‘morrow.

Upvote 0
Where can I find that? I called and told them that if they didn't give me the $30 that I was going online.

They told me I can't return gift card. I looked on the return policy on the receipt and the only thing pertaining to non-returnable is:

"Non-returnable items:
pre-paid cards such as music, photo, video, or phone cards"

But this wouldn't apply to that would it??? I see nothing about 'gift cards'..

Any lawyers?

You can absolutely return the gift card. If it is unused, they will take it back. I canceled my BB order and ordered online from Verizon, as I was afraid that BB would not have enough stock on launch day. They refunded the gift card with no hassle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones