• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy Pre-Orders

blackcar

Oct 25, 2009
Houston, TX
check your email...I just got this message from BB.

Exciting news, Jorge. Your order will be ready on 08/19/2016.

For the best experience, simply follow the instructions in the What You Need To Know section.

We look forward to seeing you, and thanks again for shopping at Best Buy®.

Sincerely,

Your Best Buy Customer Care Team

according to BB, you should be able to walk out with a 256gb card or the watch. I am still on the fence as to which one to get. I currently have the original Moto 360 and the original pebble. I love my pebble as it just works, but I would like something with more activity sensors.

Did you pre-order it online and did you pay full price (if you don't mind me asking)? It looks like when I did it online, it only gives you one choice for the freebie (the GearFit2) saying that the 256GB microSD is available only in store. I wonder if I will be able to exchange the GearFit2 for the microSD card. As of now, the GearFit2 has been ready for pickup since Monday. Either way, I'll take whichever. I have a few new 128GB microSD cards and maybe I'll use those until I run out of space. I haven't received any word about the Note7.

I had the original pebble and I had replaced it with a LG Urbane. I think the GearFit2 would be a huge upgrade over the original pebble. :)

Upvote 0
i went and was able to pick mine up. there was one guy going crazy screaming at the staff saying they lost his pre-order even though he could not produce a receipt or email. Mine was given to me and emailed. i went with the watch for the freebie since the 256gb card was the normal speed one. I already have a 128gb that is the same speed. If it was the Green 256 i would have went with that.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I'm new here...

Note4 forever ago... and totally hated it!

I sincerely intended to be a die-hard Windows Phone convert (where everything syncs auto-magically: all the way down to the Xbox One S). When MS officially said don't expect a "flagship" (aka Surface Phone) anytime soon, I was done! Anyway....

Very disappointed in BestBuy and the pre-order process.

Didn't get my phone today due to "supply chain" issues. Could be weeks out..... ugh!!!

I guess the AT&T black model is in high demand????

Terrible re-start back into the Samsung/Google/Android Universe.

Another disappointment, the SD cards are all gone but they will gladly ship them (regardless of having one reserved at the store level)

Trying to be patient but this launch was ugly for me and I had such high hopes that it would be totally painless after preparing ahead; and especially after making such a painful conversion.

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums!

With any major phone launch, there are bound to be headaches. Of course, I don't think anything compares to the Verizon Galaxy Nexus nightmare in 2011... but that's in the past :)

At any rate, I hope you don't let a few supply issues tarnish your expectations of Android. We're here to help!

Once you actually get the phone, of course :p

Upvote 0
Thanks Chief! I hope everything works out OK.... I'm trying to be patient!

Total day one bummer!

Yes, When I actually get the phone....

I have this crazy theory that I can make the phone work "almost" just like a Windows Phone with a common experience...

Desktops, Surface, Random Junk Tablets, multiple Xbox'es, etc. with Windows Apps, Outlook, Cortana, Notes, Office, Contacts, Calendar, etc. - ALWAYS IN SYNC.

This may not be appropriate yet but in your expert opinion.... will this even be possible?

I'll deal with some faults but I can't deal with made up limitations this time (immediate return). I honestly don't know better since I can't try to break it myself yet!

DISCLAIMER.....THIS IS COMING FROM A "EVERYDAY USER".... who simply tried to SYNC their phone with their Windows desktop way back in the NOTE4 days. A F-ing Nightmare!

The day one fun/hype/let's break this! was already killed for me - just today.

Thanks BestBuy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Best Buy was a fail for me as well. I had ordered online for store pickup and the status never moved past Processing despite the GearFit2 being ready for pickup. I called them to inquire and they apologized and credited me $100 to my order. Sucks to not have the phone but I guess they made it a little better with the credit. However, that also means I need to wait and not cancel and find it elsewhere otherwise I'll lose the credit. Sigh.. Really wanted it for my birthday coming up and it looks like I won't.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones