• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Best EPIC 4G aftermarket battery?

pretty much this:

http://androidforums.com/epic-4g-accessories/244950-review-seidio-3000mah-extended-life-battery.html

if you read towards the bottom of the thread and go to the link they now offer a 3300mAH battery.

not too many people i take it have extended batteries so thats why you arent getting much response.[/QUOTE

The only thing about it is the phone door on this.that I don't like... What about the monaco 3500mah battery?? I like the phone door for that one more but if its not good I guess I could deal with that door

Upvote 0
Well good luck if you ordered the 3300 Seidio battery for the Epic. The back cover is so poorly designed it makes the battery totally unusable.

this link

Read the tip I posted there to get the cover on. I'm willing to make a video if it's helpful. :)

FWIW, the cover is a bit difficult at first but once you know the trick to getting it on, it's simple and extremely sturdy.

Upvote 0
I got a YooBao 2800mah off ebay and love it so far. Gets excellent reviews and no problems to report yet. Also it was $21 shipped.

Sorry, but that thing has a butt ugly battery door. I looked it up to find info on it, and was immediately put off by the door. :(

2800mah_Epic2.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have had a 3000 mAh Sedio battery for some time not and like it alot. Sat I bought a 3500 mAh Battery from Gorilla Gadgets and put it
in my phone today. It is on sale for $24.95 50% off. The Sedio was almost 60.00. I work in Athletics and have no time to keep charging. Concret and steel drain the orignal battery which is 1500 mAh. Hope this helps you,

Quick question,

Whats a good bigger battery for the epic 4g? Ive been looking at the monaco 3500 battery but I dont know.. Is it a good choice or is there something better?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I bought a used Seidio 3000 and it is a beast! I also picked up a 1600 from Seidio, and it was a good 10-15% better than stock, like somone said above. I got their multi charger, too, so I keep my stock battery charged for emergencies, use the 1600 daily, and use the 3000 when I will not be able to charge throughout the day, or on road trips listening to music.

Upvote 0
I recently purchased the Monaco 3500 battery for the Samsung Epic, this past March, because I was frustrated with the batteries I have with this phone. This phone can go through some batteries, maybe I had a ton of apps, or I was not optimizing the battery, but I have about 3 extra batteries, 1 or 2 are 1300 and one 1200.

The Monaco 3500 worked great, I could go a whole day with minimum interaction with my phone and it would last the entire day, instead of the half a day with the stock battery. The door is bulky, but whatever, that is the least of my problems.

Now, I will mention, I have completely replaced my phone, minimized the apps that I absolutely use, and it has worked great. But, in the last couple of days, I am not sure, if its the battery or the charger, because some days, I can get to 15-20%, then next thing you know, its completely dead. I have seen it at 52%, next thing I know, the phone is off, turn it back on, battery completely drained.

The only reason I came on this forum today, was because last night, I was trying to charge it, and while doing things on the phone, with the phone plugged up to the charger, the battery continued to go down. Once it reached zero, and I unplugged it from the charger, the phone of course shutdown. I removed the battery and placed it on another type of charger, and its been charging for several hours.

So, to date, the jury is still out on this battery, because, I can easily go back to other batteries, but of course, now I have to carry the custom cover also. Anyone else having issues with this 3500 battery?

Upvote 0
I purchased this from ebay. Was only 12.50 shipped (from HK, 3 weeks,but it came). Only had for 1 day, but took and held charge and I've been playing online radio with the screen on for about 6 hrs and down to 15% of battery left and put on the charger. 3500mah, 3.7v

http://cgi.ebay.com/Extended-Battery-Cover-Samsung-EPIC-4G-SPRINT-New-/270683139333?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3f05f8ed05

I got two of this same battery because I had previously bought two extra 1500mah batteries and would burn up both plus my stock battery within one workday(9-10 hours).

I can say that after using these hugomongus batteries for about a month, I'm now getting about 9-15 hours of use whereas the stock battery would only last about 3-4 hours with the way I use the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones