• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best (IMO) practical review of the A500 found so far

rushmore

Extreme Android User
Nov 13, 2008
Kentucky
It is in three parts, so will need click the other two parts (different article dates). This guy is a media and tech geek, so knows what he is talking about, unlike some other reviewers. Here is an interesting tidbit from the third & final part of the review:

"At this point things didn’t look good for the A500 in terms of high-def playback, but switching to Clear.fi and DoubleTwist I found that the few 720p and even 1080p files which I could open, such as MPEG4 AVC, played quite smoothly. So it seems the problem is more related to media player software than the device itself, but maybe readers will have more luck getting it to work smoothly (leave a comment if you’ve got some helpful advice)."

I thought Clear.fi was just a media steaming app, so have not used it yet. Here is the first part of the review to get started.

Hands on: Acer Iconia A500 tablet

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones