• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Method To Transfer SMS/MMS Between Devices

gil_happy

Oct 16, 2011
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to transfer my sms/mms messages from one Android phone to another. Here is my setup:

Nexus 6 (Android version 7.0 - rooted) ==> Google Pixel XL (Android version 7.1.1 - unrooted Verizon)

Normally I would use MyBackup Pro to do the transfer, but unfortunately the Verizon Pixel XL cannot be rooted when it is 7.1.1. So I tried using SMS Backup & Restore, but unfortunately many (or most) of the pictures in the MMS messages did not transfer, but otherwise all SMS messages were transferred.

It looks like there is a native Android option to transfer apps, messages, etc when making a direct connection using a cable, but I'm not sure if I want to do that because it looks like it transfers everything (apps, messages, logs, pictures, etc), but I really only want to transfer the messages.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best method to get all of my SMS/MMS messages with all of the pictures included?

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones