• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best mp3 players?

and when playing a song I couldn't find how to 'fast forward' within the song either.

Below the song title you'll see a progress marker which looks like a lot of dots. Simply slide that back and forth with your finger to FF or RW. ;)

I've used 3 (Cubed) for a while now and I get on fine with it. Does everything I ask and need from a music player and looks the badger's nadgers too...

Upvote 0
Ah cheers for that, but too many other issues with it for me unfortunately.

I found a player called Museek that does have a gapless playback option, but problem is that you have to set the amount of milliseconds manually and you can only set a standard for your entire music collection - with some mixed albums it'll be different so effectively the feature is pointless. It seems to have been flagged as a problem on the Android faults list, but 2.2 apparently doesn't include a fix... I'm actually really gutted as I primarily bought a Desire instead of an iPhone because I thought the music player would be the same but the Desire would trump it in everything else; it does trump it generally, but I never reckoned the phone would have such a fatal flaw in the main reason why I switched phones.

Upvote 0
Ive tried cubed, and .. eventually I just removed it because it didnt play nice with Album Art and showed some flaky behavior.

With every mp3 player Ive tried (MixZing, mort etc) I ended up going back to the default player. Then I realized I had the DoubleTwist app from using the desktop program to sync my phones.

Turns out thats been the been the best Ive tried. It gives proper Album Art (if youve sorted out the tags on your mp3 file) and is extremely stable. It just works. I havent gone back to the music app since.

The ONLY thing I dont like about it is that you cant change tracks simply by swiping. Thats it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones