• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best notepad app for android?

Good call on Springpad, but I suddenly remembered why I haven't tried that one yet: the market says it's not compatible with my phone.

Since I didn't see an obvious feature that my phone wouldn't be able to handle, I got the apk from an external source and installed. If my phone doesn't burst into flame from using it, I'll let you know how it fares. :)

Upvote 0
Getting to this late, but see there are lots of votes for Evernote. Personally for what I wanted, that and so many others were far too complex. And now Evernote is 7.5M in size! Crazy for what I need.

After much looking, I found a much simpler app (and only 62k in size). You can save notes, read them later and sort the notes alphabetically or by date modified - that's exactly what I wanted out of it!

It's called NotePad, (original name eh!, but I like the app). So you can find it the developer is called TheBridge. If you want a very simple notepad, like I did, you can't go wrong with this one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones