• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best ROM for 2.1

You are going to find your 2.1 ROM options to be a bit limited, especially when it comes to getting help. I don't know if anyone is still maintaining a 2.1 rom, as the 2.2 ones are pretty mature (fast + stable). And you can revert back to stock hboot, radio, and rom in the future, so the risk becomes pretty low.

I flashed cm6 and it says I have 2.2 but I havent updated the radio yet, is this a bad thing? Also, I cant see any of my music. Its there because when I push play my music plays, I just cant see it in the app. I noticed that in astro there are 400kb "duplicates" of every song in their respective folders. If that makes sense. Anyone know what might be going on? I NEED to be able to listen to music for my schooling.

EDIT: Fixed music problem. In Settings > Cyanogenmod Settings > Input Settings there is a setting called "lockscreen music controls" (pretty self explanatory) I clicked that and it made my music bug out like that. Im thinking its cuz I have lockscreen controls enabled on 3 (app) itself and they were conflicting. Hopefully that helps anyone experiencing the same problem.

Id still like to know about upgrading the radio. Without unrooting and rerooting (if possible).

Upvote 0
If you don't want to commit to s-off, you will need to unroot stuff to flash the 2.0.5.

i would just go unrevoked forever, but it is a personal decsion.

My only thing is, although I may never unroot, I would like to have that safety net. Am I overreacting? Im loving all these roms as I have never even experimented with root before, Im just a little nervous being new to this and all. Whats the difference between the 2.0.5 and the 2.1.5 radio?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones