• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root best root rom

I won't try and advise what 'the best' custom rom is because I'm sure many people have different opinions on which is best. I can offer some info about my experience with Android Revolution HD:

I find it very stable and fast - more stable than I found the stock HTC rom to be. With a rooted DHD and SetCPU installed, you can achieve overclock up to 1222Mhz. There is a recommended radio upgrade to go with this rom to improve signal and data performance - s-off is required to install this. Overall it's easy to install once root has been achieved and clockworkmod is installed. After I installed the rom, I then installed the REVOlution DHD Theme - superb - I liked the UI so much it led me to shell out and buy a Launcher Pro license.

If your DHD is on 2.2.1 you'll need to downgrade to 2.2 before you can root and get s-off because 2.2.1 is locked down. Once you've downgraded, rooted and installed a custom rom, you'll be back up to 2.2.1(+).

Full instructions for all of these steps are in various forum posts on xda: Desire HD Android Development - xda-developers. Better I send you there rather than try and explain it all here. If you decide to take the plunge with root and rom the best advice I can offer is: make sure you read the instructions carefully and take your time during the install process. As long as you do this and don't try and guess any of the steps, it will be fine.

Reactions: andy2322
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones