• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best smallish phone with LCD screen?

nycmom

Lurker
Nov 7, 2014
I just bought a Turbo to replace my VERY old Droid (with a slide out keyboard. Yep.) The Turbo's fab SUPER AMOLED screen is giving me a SUPER headache, so I'm going to need to return/replace it with something else. The phone is also way too big for me to operate one-handed comfortably. (A necessity, if you're a mom like me.)

I am on Verizon, so a Verizon phone is preferred. I'm thinking LCD screen, in a smallish handheld size, but not ridiculously small. Any suggestions?? What's the best smallish, LCD screened phone out there right now? (Or do I need to make a hop over to *gulp* an iphone retina screen??) My next ask would be an ok camera-- doesn't need to be top of the top... but you know. Mom.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!!

Yes-- tried it. The lowest brightness setting is still quite bright and contrasty comparatively speaking. It's hard to describe, but the whites on the Turbo are more of a yellowy (brighter) hue, while the whites of my old Droid were a gray hue, (much easier on the eyes.)

The Moto X was my first choice actually, (though Verizon doesn't carry it anymore-- I'd have to get it from Best Buy or Swappa or something), but now my concern is that it also has an AMOLED screen, so I'd likely have the same problem. :( I think I really need an LCD screen, in a small sized phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones