• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best tablet for document reading and annotation?

AussieGuy

Jan 13, 2011
Hi there,

I'm in the market for a new tablet. My main use will be for reading documents (PDF, PS Word etc) and maybe annotating them. So a tablet with a stylus and/or a keyboard dock will be the thing. I also like a sharp clear screen. I'm not a gamer, so raw power is not too important, but I like being able to switch back and forth between documents quickly.

I'm not sure whether I want something like the Google Nexus 7 (cheap and light; although maybe the screen's a bit small), or an ASUS TFT700T, with its large screen (and hefty price, especially once you include the keyboard). Or something else... there are so many tablets out there!

(And it should be clear from my being in these forums that I'm not in the slightest interested in iPads.)

Thanks!
-A.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones