• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Virgin Mobile Phone with strong signal

What the heck is the point of a product like that? If you have a good signal you don't need it, and if you don't have a good signal it doesn't work.
cow-facepalm.png

I agree.

It didn't work for me in my situation. Now I am at a loss for what could besides going the route of a different carrier.

Upvote 0
I read today on another topic that Virgin Mobile only contracts on certain Sprint Towers?

Wonder if there is any truth to this? I wouldn't think that it is true, since Sprint Owns Virgin Mobile.

This IS true. This is also why virgin was so bad in my area.

I would never buy a repeater unless I was in the countryside or something. Using a repeater IMO means you need a different carrier.

I recommend T-Mobile. Their 30$ plan for prepaid is phenomenal. Ask anyone in the T-Mobile forum. :D

100 mins. Unlimited text. Unlimited data up to 5gb without throttle!!

If you need more minutes use VOIP. (Google voice with groove IP, or any free service app that uses VOIP like Vonage, viber, talkatone, etc.)

Upvote 0
I recommend T-Mobile. Their 30$ plan for prepaid is phenomenal. Ask anyone in the T-Mobile forum. :D

That is my next carrier. When Virgin gets too awful, or when I move/get a job somewhere that I can't get a Virgin signal at all, or when I want a device that will throw me out of my $25 grandfathered plan, I'm almost certainly going with T-Mo's $30 plan, assuming I can get a signal at my house. Years ago my wife had T-Mo and had no service outside of cities, and especially near our house.

...wait is that plan gone?
Prepaid Cell Phone Plans, No Annual Contract | Monthly 4G | T-Mobile
I can't find it now.

Upvote 0
That is my next carrier. When Virgin gets too awful, or when I move/get a job somewhere that I can't get a Virgin signal at all, or when I want a device that will throw me out of my $25 grandfathered plan, I'm almost certainly going with T-Mo's $30 plan, assuming I can get a signal at my house. Years ago my wife had T-Mo and had no service outside of cities, and especially near our house.

I can't find it now.

No its still there, but its just hidden. If you call them ask for the 30$ web exclusive "Walmart" plan.

And I think every phone throws you out of your grandfathered plan unless its an Optimus V, Elite, or Triumph.

But T-Mobile has changed a lot, it should have improved a lot in your area. If you want true coverage, download the Sensorly app. It shows true coverage in areas that have been mapped. But if your area is blank, you likely haven't been mapped. Gray means no service.

Upvote 0

I can't find it now.

Look at the bottom of the page you linked, just under the $3/day plan and you will see it.

Reactions: divinebovine
Upvote 0
Finally did it.

Went and changed Phones and Carriers. I have been struggling with Virgin Mobile and its Poor signal issues at my house for some time. The signals tend to be getting worse.

I went to Best Buy and purchased a Prepaid Verizon Phone. I got the LG Optimus Exceed VS840. I was told it is essentially the LG Lucid in the prepaid form. Its only 3g, has a 4" screen and Android 4.0.4

Bestbuy wanted $129.99 w/o tax however ended up paying $94 for it with tax. They matched Verizon's $86 online price.

Virgin stated they were sending me an envelope to send back my New Galaxy Victory I purchased from them last week so I can get a refund from them. I heard getting refunds from Virgin Mobile can be a pain though, but I paid on my CC so I shouldn't have any issues hopefully getting a refund.

So far I can say I have NO Signal Issues.

I purchased Verizon's $70 plan, (Yes higher than VM) it includes Unlimited Talk, Text, and 4gb data.

I will spend the extra little money for reliable signal.

Reactions: SuperAfnan
Upvote 0
UPDATE:

I have had my LG Optimus Exceed VS840PP Prepaid Verizon phone for over 1 month now.

With my Verizon PP Optimus, I have much better signal, and haven't had one dropped call!!

I started with the $70 4gb plan originally, however went to the lower $60 2gb plan since I use wifi at my home.

When I was with Virgin, I always dropped calls and unreliable service in my area.

I am closer to the Sprint Tower than I am currently to a Verizon Tower, and still suffered worse signal and reliability when I was with Virgin.

As I stated earlier in this thread I returned the Phone I purchased directly from Virgin, that was a Nightmare to say the least.

Much happier with Verizon's signal & Customer Service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones