• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Voice Recorder App for Droid?

Use Evernote for quick voice notes. It's a note taking system that exists in the cloud and also copies everything to all your systems so the notes are available on all your platforms and phone. It's fantastic! I don't think I would use it for long voice recordings but for short notes to your wife .. who can share your evernote notebooks ... it's great!

Upvote 0
I have an Olympus digital recorder that I like very much. However, I was delighted to try the voice recorder app on my Droid. I recorded an hour-long class, and the quality was very good.
The problem came when I tried to send it -- first to drop box, then via Gmail. Both returned excellent recordings -- but only the first 15 minutes.
I want to be able to export the recording to my computer somehow (DropBox or email does fine) -- and then to be able to make edits, add an intro, etc. When I imported the file into Audacity to edit it -- that's when I discovered the problem.
Anybody know why only 15 minutes exported? The whole recording is on the phone.
AND -- can you recommend an app that will actually send 60+ minutes?

ALSO -- I use Aimersoft Media Converter. It is great for audio and video!
Thanks!

Upvote 0
I have a meeting coming up at work next week that I think is in my best interests to record. Going through the Market I saw that some of the audio recorders are buggy, especially with the Droid. Can anyone recommend a stable, decent audio recorder that I can use?

Also, before anyone asks, I am from a state where only one party needs to consent to recording, so there are no legal issues here. To be honest, I plan on asking everyone there if they mind if I record it anyway. Should any of them say no, I still won't have any problems recording it.

Use Voice recorder for android. It can support android 2.2. You may review through this link https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tokasiki.android.voicerecorder&hl=en.

----
transcription rates per line

Upvote 0
I have a meeting coming up at work next week that I think is in my best interests to record. Going through the Market I saw that some of the audio recorders are buggy, especially with the Droid. Can anyone recommend a stable, decent audio recorder that I can use?

Also, before anyone asks, I am from a state where only one party needs to consent to recording, so there are no legal issues here. To be honest, I plan on asking everyone there if they mind if I record it anyway. Should any of them say no, I still won't have any problems recording it.
The best is Voice PRO
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voicepro

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
How about a zero-touch solution? Sensory has software for Android that does speech trigger word detection, and from there can launch an app or make a phone call. Here is a video of it running on Android:
youtu.be/irmfzbVsMq8

but in fact you can use it on non-Android devices also:
youtu.be/DtC1nwB0X9o

No I don't work for them but I think their technology is underappreciated.

Upvote 0
I find TapeMachine to work well for stealth recording. It can run in the background with only a round dot showing on the notification at top. I've recorded hours and hours. In my case I was doing a user study on a new interface and needed to get clear recordings of the user's voice and comments. I've used it also for recording a language class that meets 1x/week, so it's great to listen to refresh my memory.

Wǒ xiǎng xu

Upvote 0
I've submitted an application "i Recorder" to Android market. the features as below:

+ recording with best quality.
+ playing file, can seek any positions.
+ share recording file via bluetooth, mail...
+ set as Phone ringtone/Message ringtone/Alarm ringtone
+ sort by date time/name/duration
+ especially, you can save power of battery more than other app.

if some one care this application, please use and post any comment.
thank you very much.

link application:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mobitourist.irecorder
This is my favorite app for recording meetings and taking notes. The only things I wish it could do would be...

1. Have a sensitivity/senor bar of some kind.
  2. Save in other formats.
  3. Pick location of saved recordings.
Other than that, it's NICE! Thanks!

Upvote 0
I've tried dozens of recorders, but never found one that I like.

I came to the conclusion that the best for Android is currently VOICE PRO.
Unfortunately it is not free, it also costs enough (9.90 euro) compared to the average of other recorders, but then once I realized that I was bought a front audio platform of respect.

This app converts to more than 10 audio formats, add effects, mix .... does it all!

here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voicepro

Reactions: paleodust
Upvote 0
Tried virtually hundreds of recorder apps because I not only wanted to record my voice but also my piano practice. Now, a couple of days ago I found the Field Recorder at Google play. If you ask me I really recommend that!

It does it all in a very high quality plus stereo!!! and I managed to change the settings so that the recorder stops and continues to record as if by magic skipping my singing or playing pauses.

Actually, it was a little bit tricky to do the setup, but now it works so good.

Upvote 0
Yeah, thanks for the clue, Steronida. The tool was easy to find and is really professional. But all the options are everything else than verbously explained. And the web site is only in German. However, it wasnt too difficult for me to figure out how to make the recorder do the same as yours does.

PS.: After 8 days of heavy use, I must add: This was really worth buying! It turned my phone into a good working field recorder. A very fitting name.

Reactions: paleodust
Upvote 0
I downloaded Tokaski free voice recorder yest and i recorded a important convo that I need so badly on my moto droid phone. I accidentally deleted the convo prior to saving it. Has anyone ever done this and is there any way possible to retrieve this data? I dont think it saves online and i dont see an email address to write the manufacturer of this ap.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones