• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best way to get movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd gladly pay for (and believe in paying for) movies in a format viewable on the handheld - I actually prefer paying for music and stuff from places like Itunes and having it quickly, rather than waste the extra time looking for some way to circumvent paying....but I'm still interested in good value. I saw something advertised at the AT&T store where I think you buy them on SD cards, but I'm guessing there are better options.

Upvote 0
Asking that is not only against the site rules, but it's illegal.

Pump the brakes, bro! He never said anything about getting videos illegally.

Check and see if hulu works (it should if you are running the leaked 2.2).

You could also do a google search of free internet tv streams, you may find a few movie channels.

If netflix does eventually allow you to stream movies to your phone you will need an account though, so don't expect it to be free.

Upvote 0
Pump the brakes, bro! He never said anything about getting videos illegally.

He asked about downloading movies for free. Unless he was referring to indie shorts that are legally distributed for free, that would imply an illegal act.

Any place allowing you to download the likes of Iron Man and Avatar for free wouldn't be legal in the slightest.

Upvote 0
He asked about downloading movies for free. Unless he was referring to indie shorts that are legally distributed for free, that would imply an illegal act.

Any place allowing you to download the likes of Iron Man and Avatar for free wouldn't be legal in the slightest.

Oh, my apologies, then, I guess I didn't see that he said he was looking to download Avatar and Iron Man.

(he didn't)

Upvote 0
Well it is legal to make a backup copy of a movie, but thanks to the DMCA it is not legal to circumvent the DRM (copy protection) on many DVDs and other content delivery mechanisms.

With that said I do know that my statement is over simplfying this and everyone has opinions about it and I am not going to try and cover them or respond to them.

Now to the OP yes there are several programs you can use to legally make backup copies, I would recomend using google to look for them.

Upvote 0
I don't understand how some of you Grown-adult people here automatically turn into Cybercop as if you get rewarded by doing so.

1st of all the poor person never said anything about getting paid Products for free.

Legally you have nothing on him even if you pretend to be "cyberpolice to the rescue"

2nd of all their free movies in Hulu and even youtube so its not like free movies is anything new.

3rd of all No need to reply with a Wikipedia article i.e: "Well it is legal to make a backup copy of a movie, but thanks to the DMCA it is not legal to circumvent the DRM (copy protection) on many DVDs and other content delivery mechanisms. blah blah blah" we aren't 10 we know "whats up"

lastly.... to o.p you might want to try a few websites if you are running 2.2 like someone posted above me and youd be surprise what you can find....

Upvote 0
Welllllllllllll, it's not good to be a cybercop and catch people who are downloading movies, but at the same time, it's illegal or at least, very bad if we teach people how to do so here. I mean, he specifically asked how to download movies for free via captivate, which is illegal unless the movie itself is free, in which case, you don't need an app to get it done. It's pretty obvious what he's asking for, but at the same time, we can't stop him nor tell him not to do it, but we're not allowed to discuss how to do it or just methods of doing so. Every forum has these restrictions as to prevent themselves from getting into trouble as well as maintaining a peaceful forums.

Upvote 0
Welllllllllllll, it's not good to be a cybercop and catch people who are downloading movies, but at the same time, it's illegal or at least, very bad if we teach people how to do so here. I mean, he specifically asked how to download movies for free via captivate, which is illegal unless the movie itself is free, in which case, you don't need an app to get it done. It's pretty obvious what he's asking for, but at the same time, we can't stop him nor tell him not to do it, but we're not allowed to discuss how to do it or just methods of doing so. Every forum has these restrictions as to prevent themselves from getting into trouble as well as maintaining a peaceful forums.

SMH! people like you are making this forum pointless.

Upvote 0
I don't understand how some of you Grown-adult people here automatically turn into Cybercop as if you get rewarded by doing so.

1st of all the poor person never said anything about getting paid Products for free.

Legally you have nothing on him even if you pretend to be "cyberpolice to the rescue"

2nd of all their free movies in Hulu and even youtube so its not like free movies is anything new.

3rd of all No need to reply with a Wikipedia article i.e: "Well it is legal to make a backup copy of a movie, but thanks to the DMCA it is not legal to circumvent the DRM (copy protection) on many DVDs and other content delivery mechanisms. blah blah blah" we aren't 10 we know "whats up"

lastly.... to o.p you might want to try a few websites if you are running 2.2 like someone posted above me and youd be surprise what you can find....

I totally agree with everything you said. It's a shame the corporation media brainwashed so many good folks now they don't even know what they should live for or fight for.

Upvote 0
Let me be clear here. The original poster clearly asked for "free movies". Other users reminded him that looking for protected movies is illegal. Someone pointed out the law about back-up copies and DRM protection. All of which were fine and helpful, since yes, some people do not know that.

Why was it helpful? Well, you're right: there's not much the "internet police" could do here, but this forum has rules. And not following them will get you an infraction or a ban, which I guess isn't something people want.

You don't get rewarded for helping other users, but good users still do it.

Upvote 0
I purchased that Avatar DVD set yesterday with the intent of using the transfer/conversion process detailed in the FAQ portion of the forum.

I downloaded DVDFab 8 and transferred the DVD into my laptop (Dell Studio on Win 7) - no problems encountered. :)

I then downloaded Handbrake and followed the setup steps carefully as shown in the FAQ section and started the conversion process. After about 30 minutes of converting my laptop shuts down due to an overheat detection. :( I assume that the conversion program is overworking something (maybe the video board) in my laptop (laptop is stock).

Anyone else encountered this? Any other options? :thinking:

Upvote 0
video conversion is a very processor/video card intensive process. your dell should be able to handle it as it seems pretty new. you could download speedfan, a program which monitors the internal temperatures of your processor and sometimes your internal graphics. usually temperatures in the 60s to 70s degrees Celsius are bad news bears.

it's also sometimes helpful to blow out the exhaust slots of your laptop with compressed air if you have any. another thing to consider is to make sure the intake of the fan isn't blocked at all, and it's usually good to keep it off of your bed or pillow and make sure it's just on a desk.

also might be good to update the drivers of your video card if possible, windows update should take care of that for you.

Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones