• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to mirror phone to pc and copy data?

spman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2013
Hello,

I want to mirror my Samsung phone to my PC monitor (so the phone screen appears on PC monitor) so I can edit [Notepad Free] app notes using my PC keyboard and mouse and copy text from [Notepad Free] app to my PC (e.g. microsoft word in PC) or vice versa.

What is the best way to do it?

Thanks

Reactions: AugieTN
Hello,

I want to mirror my Samsung phone to my PC monitor (so the phone screen appears on PC monitor) so I can edit [Notepad Free] app notes using my PC keyboard and mouse and copy text from [Notepad Free] app to my PC (e.g. microsoft word in PC) or vice versa.

What is the best way to do it?

Thanks
Samsung dex

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What Windows 10 Pro PC software can OCR text that appears in the PC monitor screen? In my PC monitor, in Phone Link I can see my phone's [Notepad Free] app text appear in PC monitor, so I want to use OCR software to select/copy the [Notepad Free] app text and then paste into Microsoft word (in my PC)
Update: PowerToys Text Extractor can OCR text that appears in the PC monitor screen

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried your recommendation Phone Link. After Phone Link is setup in PC and connected to phone, using PC keyboard and mouse I can copy text from SMS messages and paste text into my PC, but I cannot copy text from [Notepad Free] app and paste text into my PC.
Update info: Phone Link software all text inside all phone apps (including [Messages] app) cannot be copy from phone and paste into my PC. Phone Link has a [Messages] tab that shows phone sms and only if I copy text from the [Messages] tab then I can paste into my PC.

Upvote 0
I solved the problem. I close Phone Link and then open again, this [Copy and paste between your device and PC] (screenshot 1) popup automatically and I click [Turn on] and then [Settings] page (screenshot 2) auto popup. At this moment my problem is solved. I notice the screenshot 2 [Settings] page Settings>Features>[Cross-device copy and paste] is On, so I guess it was Off by default earlier. I did not go into the Settings page before screenshot 2 appeared.
screenshot 1 screenshot 2
-----
Info:
I later go Settings>Features>[Cross-device copy and paste] and switch off [Cross-device copy and paste] then try copy and paste again and the problem happens again, so it is really this setting that is causing the problem when it is Off.

-----
Info:
I setup by following the video
in this guide How to use Link to Windows on your Galaxy smartphone - Samsung Business Insights and during the setup I need to enter microsoft account in Phone Link (in PC) and in Link to Windows (in phone), no way to avoid using microsoft account like the video using older version, after setup is completed, I use it immediately and I am unable to copy and paste between my phone and PC, I did not change anything in the settings, I did not know there is a settings page.
My windows 10 pro pc is login using local account (no microsoft account)

Last edited:
I solved the problem. I close Phone Link and then open again, this [Copy and paste between your device and PC] (screenshot 1) popup automatically and I click [Turn on] and then [Settings] page (screenshot 2) auto popup. At this moment my problem is solved. I notice the screenshot 2 [Settings] page Settings>Features>[Cross-device copy and paste] is On, so I guess it was Off by default earlier. I did not go into the Settings page before screenshot 2 appeared.
screenshot 1 screenshot 2
-----
Info:
I later go Settings>Features>[Cross-device copy and paste] and switch off [Cross-device copy and paste] then try copy and paste again and the problem happens again, so it is really this setting that is causing the problem when it is Off.

-----
Info:
I setup by following the video
in this guide How to use Link to Windows on your Galaxy smartphone - Samsung Business Insights and during the setup I need to enter microsoft account in Phone Link (in PC) and in Link to Windows (in phone), no way to avoid using microsoft account like the video using older version, after setup is completed, I use it immediately and I am unable to copy and paste between my phone and PC, I did not change anything in the settings, I did not know there is a settings page.
My windows 10 pro pc is login using local account (no microsoft account)
We are just a little bit pondering on why though..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones