• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Weather App??

I've been using WB Elite, and it's pretty good.

BerryWeather (for BlackBerry) is the best mobile weather app I've used, and they've just opened up a public beta for an Android version. Haven't tried it yet, so I don't know how it compares the the BlackBerry version.

http://www.bellshare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=2889&start=0

Maybe I'll give this a try later. I'm currently using Weather Eye. I like having hourly forecasts. The radar images are good and it animates it to show you where the rain is going as well.

Upvote 0
wouldnt be a better idea to hv a timer/scheduler weather only tells u da weather in da morning b4 we go work (on notification bar), auto kill itself to save ram n power in da afternoon n nite

You can do this now. I use Weatherbug Elite and have it to update every 4 hrs. I use the stock Task Manager to kill the app. when the screen is locked. I just do a refresh when I need to see updated weather. The only down side to this is that weather alerts don't come in until you do a refresh. (If there are any. WB is a battery drainer.)

Upvote 0
I like weather bug, except for one big thing. The radar maps are Terrible. When I am at my children's sports practices out on open fields with no buildings or even our cars nearby I like to keep my eye on incoming storms. More often than not WB shows clear skies when I can see a storm there myself. I am looking for something with more accurate LIVE animated radar maps.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this. Been using it a few weeks now and is small and fast, great radar app. Along with a browser link to any weather site that makes you happy is all I need. I use m.wund.com; weather browser links are even more available than weather apps!

I do have WB Elite sitting at the Amazon app store if I ever want to use it, but I just feel it uses to much juice and too much app space.

I just found this new awesome radar app guys. Its called Raindar:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ghvandoorn.Raindar&feature=search_result

Uses google maps, shows storm tracking, has a compass on it, allows you to change the reflective angle setting on the different radar images to eliminate "noise"....this app is awesome! Rainy Days who??? (plus rainy days just went add supported :mad:)

Upvote 0
I like weather bug, except for one big thing. The radar maps are Terrible. When I am at my children's sports practices out on open fields with no buildings or even our cars nearby I like to keep my eye on incoming storms. More often than not WB shows clear skies when I can see a storm there myself. I am looking for something with more accurate LIVE animated radar maps.

I use WB Elite as well and love the radar map. Mine works very well. In case you didn't know, the maps only update like every 4 hrs. You will have to update it yourself, any time before that, by pressing the blue circle arrow in the upper right hand corner.

Upvote 0
I'll give another vote for WeatherBug Elite. I had it on my previous phone, and when I upgraded to the Inspire it was one of the first things I loaded. It's flexible, as current as I want it to be, and the widget fits my home screen exactly as I wanted it to.

I've not had the problems with the radar maps that some have mentioned. If I feel like I'm not getting an accurate picture, I update it manually. Good to go.

As far as weather stations go, I'm in the sticks, and there's not one very close. I do have several different ones all within 10 miles of home or work. So I look at 2 or 3 of them and get a good feel for what's coming my way.

Hth.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this. Been using it a few weeks now and is small and fast, great radar app. Along with a browser link to any weather site that makes you happy is all I need. I use m.wund.com; weather browser links are even more available than weather apps!

I do have WB Elite sitting at the Amazon app store if I ever want to use it, but I just feel it uses to much juice and too much app space.

I'm going to try Raindar. I've been using Radar Now for a quick look at the radar and it is very accurate and timely and has a small footprint. It uses your tower signal to locate you rather than gps.

Upvote 0
I currently don't have a weather app on my phone, I rely on using the web if I need quick weather info or radar. One app that looks interesting is BeWeather even though it's a paid app. It relies on data from Weather Underground (my preferred weather source) for its info. I may consider this down the road (or just hope that it shows up as Amazon's free app of the day :p)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bellshare.beweather&feature=search_result

Upvote 0
I've been using Weatherbug elite, and been happy. But I got the Elecont Weather app when it was Amazon Free App of the Day recently, and am intrigued by the unusual clock widget, and the geeky meteorological detail they provide. Plus you can compare the forecasts of two different weather providers easily.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.Elecont.WeatherClock&feature=search_result

Hasn't replaced Weatherbug (yet), but it has supplemented it regularly. Plus they throw in earthquake info, for whatever that is worth to you. I was traveling in Richmond on the day of the big shaker a month ago, otherwise I would probably just laugh at that.

Upvote 0
For the UK I use three:

1. Weather Pro from Meteogroup (they're the ones behind www.raintoday.co.uk).Their forecasts are value added not just vanilla model output. It has weather, radar and satellite for Europe.
  2. Rain Alarm for quick radar and rainfall notifications.
  3. Short cuts to the UKMO website.

I did try some of the apps that scrape the UKMO website, but found it as a quick and easier to use the bookmarks.

Upvote 0
I've used pretty much every weather app available. WeatherPro used to be my favorite but it's progressively gotten slower. I personally despise The Weather Channel, WeatherBug, Accuweather, etc. The app I'm currently using is LEX18 StormTracker by WSI Corporation. They basically produce skinned weather apps for local TV stations. The app is fantastic for me and has all the features and speed I require.

Link

I just downloaded that to give it a try, but every time I open the app it downloads something to the phone. If it keeps downloading something every time I open it, it will be a rather large app! Think I will stick with Beautiful Widgets and get my severe storm warnings via text message from Severe Studios. ;)

Upvote 0
I've used pretty much every weather app available. WeatherPro used to be my favorite but it's progressively gotten slower. I personally despise The Weather Channel, WeatherBug, Accuweather, etc. The app I'm currently using is LEX18 StormTracker by WSI Corporation. They basically produce skinned weather apps for local TV stations. The app is fantastic for me and has all the features and speed I require.

Link

Was going to ask why u prefer that over wb... But ur avatar answered that... That app caters to that area of the country... Ill stick with wb.. Way more features...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones