• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bestbuy or Verizon??

e23nk1

Mar 1, 2010
Hi everyone...sorry not sure where to post this...We are due for a phone upgrade on our current Verizon contract. The 2 phones that my wife is looking at are $75 cheaper at Bestbuy. Her phone is just a basic non smart phone...limited data plan.
Is there any reason to Not get it from Bestbuy?..anything I should be aware of?
Thx in advance for the help.

Hi everyone...sorry not sure where to post this...We are due for a phone upgrade on our current Verizon contract. The 2 phones that my wife is looking at are $75 cheaper at Bestbuy. Her phone is just a basic non smart phone...limited data plan.
Is there any reason to Not get it from Bestbuy?..anything I should be aware of?
Thx in advance for the help.

If you have no intention of breaking the contract, then no. If you do break the contract (it varies by vendor) then you will pay an ETF fee to BB in addition to the one you would have to pay to Verizon.

You may also want to check out Amazon & Costco, possibly Walmart as well to make sure you are getting the best price.

I hope this helps.

edit: first time I've ever been double ninja'd, couldn't have been by two nicer folks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones