• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

better to get phone or player???

Basically I just want to get a good mp3 player like the 4.0/5.0 and don't need a cell phone. Was wondering if it might be better to get a cell phone (S2?) anyway and use it as player because the specs might be better?

I can spend about 250(C)
Live in BC, Canada

any info would be much appreciated, I'm still learning about all this but want to make sure I get the best bang for my buck :)

I would always recommend the cellphone simply because I don't like lugging around two device, and the S2 is a terrific phone and media player.

However, if all you really want is the MP3 player, then you might want to check out the new Sony Walkman which will be running Android. Although I'm not sure when it will be hitting shelves in Canada nor how much it will cost.

Sony Z-1000 Android Walkman struts past FCC - SlashGear

Sony makes some of the best sounding MP3 players on the market, leaps and bounds better than what you get from iPod products. Even if you don't get this one, I would suggest going for a Sony model (I would also recommend Creative or Cowon products but I don't think they sell those anymore in North America :().

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones