• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Big problem with receiving text messages

Hello. I have a Sony xperia U with ICS, rooted. Yestarday I installed this software LBE Privacy Guard and everything seemed ok. But after a while the send sms's were send ok, but the "received" sms's could not be receive. Not all of them, like 70% were received, but the others not. Moreover, the opoup would not show the received sms all the time, having to go to the sms app (stock one) and read it from there.

I called the operator and there is no problem with the network. LBE software was "messing" with iptables to forbid apps form reaching internet, but I uninstalled it and the problem remains. The not received messages are not received even after a reboot. They are like really "gone". What can be the problem.

Please help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones