• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bionic family - what do you think about Nexus 7

Assuming this is what he has, this review has some pictures of the keyboard next to the N7.

ZAGG Flex Keyboard Review: Perfect Nexus 7 Keyboard Companion

And these are actual specs from the site

ZAGGkeys FLEX Specifications

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Length: 9.4 inches (242 mm)
with Smart Stand: 9.4 inches (242 mm)
Width: 4.8 inches (120 mm)
with Smart Stand: 5.0 inches (127 mm)
Height: .65 inches (12 mm)
with Smart Stand: 0.75 inches (17 mm)
Weight: 6.3 ounces (128 grams)
with Smart Stand: 11.3 ounces (320 grams)
Battery Type: ZAGGkeys FLEX Bluetooth keyboard uses a 510 mAh rechargeable lithium polymer battery.
Battery Duration: Battery will last several months of normal use without charging.

Upvote 0
Assuming this is what he has, this review has some pictures of the keyboard next to the N7.

ZAGG Flex Keyboard Review: Perfect Nexus 7 Keyboard Companion

And these are actual specs from the site

ZAGGkeys FLEX Specifications

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Length: 9.4 inches (242 mm)
with Smart Stand: 9.4 inches (242 mm)
Width: 4.8 inches (120 mm)
with Smart Stand: 5.0 inches (127 mm)
Height: .65 inches (12 mm)
with Smart Stand: 0.75 inches (17 mm)
Weight: 6.3 ounces (128 grams)
with Smart Stand: 11.3 ounces (320 grams)
Battery Type: ZAGGkeys FLEX Bluetooth keyboard uses a 510 mAh rechargeable lithium polymer battery.
Battery Duration: Battery will last several months of normal use without charging.

thanks. I measured my acer KB--it's almost exactly identical in width, so I presume it won't be any better for me to touch-type on the Zagg

Upvote 0
awesome thread! I have been on the fence about getting a N7 or a Xoom....I have a lapdock as well and have been considering selling my lapdock and putting that money towards an N7 or Xoom.....but the 7 inch factor will be perfect for me. I am a 4th grade teacher and using this to carry around will add to so many things when teaching. Love the Xoom but i am goin to go with the N7...

Upvote 0
I have the 16GB version. Its a good little reader, nice to watch a movie on if traveling and has a bigger gaming screen. :)
The best part I guess is seeing what the Android OS (Jelly Bean) in this case is really suppose to look like before Verizon and Motorola butchers it as they did Gingerbread on the Bionic :)
BTW do yourself a favor and use some of the $25.00 credit for Swift Key for Tablets.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone I'm pretty much sold just waiting to see if there happens to be any discounts on it for Labor Day, which I doubt since it's been selling for more than retail without problem. Will be ordering soon.

What I want is a Nexus 10. The 7 incher is okay, but I like my big screens.

I really thought that too but in my research I've come across a surprising amount of people who felt the same and then came to realize that the 7" form factor really allows them to use it much more often and bring it with them everywhere. Just last night I was reading a Nexus 7 article where the author said "now I realize why I barely use my iPad, it's too inconvenient to bring with me". The larger screens catch my attention too but I think they might end up collecting dust like my lapdock because I don't like to bring it with. If a Nexus 10 comes out and has HDMI out and SD card support, then it really would be tempting though.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone I'm pretty much sold just waiting to see if there happens to be any discounts on it for Labor Day, which I doubt since it's been selling for more than retail without problem. Will be ordering soon.

I really thought that too but in my research I've come across a surprising amount of people who felt the same and then came to realize that the 7" form factor really allows them to use it much more often and bring it with them everywhere. Just last night I was reading a Nexus 7 article where the author said "now I realize why I barely use my iPad, it's too inconvenient to bring with me". The larger screens catch my attention too but I think they might end up collecting dust like my lapdock because I don't like to bring it with. If a Nexus 10 comes out and has HDMI out and SD card support, then it really would be tempting though.

from all that I've read, there is no profit margin on this tablet, hence I suspect you won't find any fire sales on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones