1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Bionic Headache from DROID Bionic?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sean76, Sep 9, 2011.

1. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC
    Ok well I pretty much have had a migrane since I got my bionic. It went away, came back...then came back really bad after messing around with the phone for about 20 min before. Im wondering if it could be the pentile screen, the bright whites, or low and behold...the sar rating? FYI, got the brightness down to 20%.

Could just be a coincidence, but it started pretty much right after I got the phone. And honestly, I've been very very spoiled with the Fascinate and Charge's screen and the deep black tones...maybe from the switch. I dont know, if history serves me right, the ATRIX didn't bother me at all when I had it

Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Advertisement

2. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

Oct 14, 2009
    why did you switch from the charge?

3. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC

Lol...im a phone whore!

Honestly, I've been waiting for the Bionic since I heard about it at CES. The Charge is a fine phone, works very well...but like most Samsungs...what u see is what you get! That phone will never see the newer version of Touch wiz, and will probably not see Gingerbread until next year. Either way, like I said, its a fine phone...I just wanted all the power that the Bionic provides in ones hand...And to be honest, it hasn't disappointed on that front! This thing is blazing fast with the Dual Core compared to a phone with a single core processor. Im gonna give it a week and see how things go.

4. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    Hmm I haven't experienced any kind of headache with this phone yesterday and I used it for several hours straight. I don' know about you but headaches just come and go for me.

5. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

Oct 14, 2009
    I love the screen and light weight of the charge. How does it compare to the bionic screen and weight wise?

6. dguy

dguy Android Expert
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Male
    No headaches here. I'd chalk it up to coincidence unless it persists reliably and predictably with phone use for several days.

7. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC

Yea if it was any other time of the year...id blame the phone 100%...lol! But with the change of weather and going from 100 degrees to 60 here in NYC...it may very well just be the change of weather. Gonna give it a week and see what happens. But the thing is lightning fast...which is what I was after...so we'll see.

8. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC

Can't compare screens...the Charge is Super Amoled plus...probably the best out there IMO! But I do have to say, the Bionic screen is not bad at all, however not as good as the Charge when your comparing the two. As fas as weight goes , id chalk it up as preference. The Charge feels slightly lighter, but the Bionic is right there with being very lite for its size...And feels pretty solid IMO...The Bionic will take a hit or two...The Charge is more delicate!

9. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    Yeah Sean, why did you leave the Charge? I've messed with the Bionic in a Verizon store and I actually still like my Charge better. I know that sounds crazy, but it's true.

Granted, my Charge is rooted, but I like it better as I have it right now. I have it rooted, running GummyCharged 2.0, EP1Q modems, Voodoo Lagfix and V6 Supercharger. It's wicked fast and I couldn't tell any difference in performance when I was messing with the Bionic.

So for me, since performance was comparable, the screen of the Charge is the winner and why I am going to keep it. If the Prime looks like a huge step up, I will probably get that.

10. schimm

schimm Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 1, 2010
    Nothing to worry about.....this is simply brain cancer from excessive cell phone usage. Good news is that its treatable. Radiation and chemo and you'll be good as new. If this was somehow being caused by the pentile screen then you'd really be screwed because there is no fix for that other than bionic removal. :eek:

11. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC

Mann....im a lil pissed off at the move I made. Honestly, im a phone whore like alot of us and just have to have the newest stuff that hits the market. Im regretting this move a little bit right now. I miss my Droid Charge...what I did was give it to my dad, and used his upgrade to grab the Bionic on my account....bad bad move without really giving it a few days first. Im not to happy and will most likely either take the hit and get myself another Charge! He loves it, It would be like taking a bottle away from a baby during feeding time...lol...or just stick it out until the next big thing....either way its costing me money that I could have saved...ohhh well.

12. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    No headaches at all.

13. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC

Lol...ur right..

14. fbm111

fbm111 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 13, 2010
    My droid x2 gave me headaches. I would think since same screen the bionic would give me one as well. I don't think you are imagining it.

15. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    Not that it should take away from your case, but I am prone to headaches and migraines, and thus far nothing to report on that front.

16. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    Go back to the Charge. Regret is probably what's causing your headache. :p

It's still my humble opinion that people who already have a LTE device do not need the Bionic. I was a phone addict too but sometimes you gotta draw the line somewhere.

Hope your headaches go away.

17. Slayer01

Slayer01 Member
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    I had the OG and wanted a new phone because my eyes hurt from looking at the screen and got a headache. So i got the bionic hoped it would not bother my eyes. So far so good I can look at the screen for hours with no problems.

18. Sportster

Sportster Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Male
    Steelworker
    Indiana, US
    All this Charge love is making me wanna go check the thing out,lol....I'm desperate. I want a good phone...my OG is putt-putting along still but it's like dragging Grandpa to a football game..he just wants to sit home and sleep! (Analogy...mine is actually long dead but I do like football....) :D

19. jmorton10

jmorton10 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    LOL, you're just like me. I ALWAYS have to have the latest hottest technology and sometimes end up regretting it. I waited for MONTHS for the Bionic to come out as I was very happy with my Liberty ROMed DroidX and thought the Bionic was what I wanted.

I finally got sick of waiting and every time I walked past a Verizon store or kiosk I would see that big gorgeous screen on the Charge staring at me and I finally broke down and bought one. On the very first boot (I got it from Amazon and I hadn't even activated it yet) I flashed it to gummy charge 1.9.1 and the EP1Q modem and I absolutely LOVE the thing.

Everything including GPS, HDMI etc etc works perfectly and the AMOLED screen is the best screen available on any phone.

Our corporate VZ rep brought a Bionic in to where I work yesterday and she let me use it for the day (I am actually typing this on it) and I have to say I made the right choice going with the Charge.

The Bionic has a nice processor to be sure, but there is not one other thing I like about the phone. The screen doesn't hold a candle to my Charge, the camera sucks by comparison, I believe it has a locked bootloader etc etc etc

I've never liked the way that Motorola screen are slightly taller and thinner than other brands. This always bugged me with my DroidX too, but back then there where no other options for a screen that big.

Although I would love dual processors of course (who wouldn't?), I haven't really noticed anything lagging that a faster processor would fix. Although i am not a huge gamer, I play Need For Speed Shift a lot and that plays absolutely perfect.

~John

20. cdf3

cdf3 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    I'm looking to get a phone I can see well in sunlight.
    Since you've a phone with the Super Amoled screen, as well as the Pentile screen, which one has better visibility in sunlight?

21. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Student
    I had a headache from staring at my TV for a few hours waiting to the cleaning service to leave, does that count? :D

I've had minimal headache so far.

22. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC

They both work in the Sun to be honest! I used the Bionic yesterday outside and it was just fine. And I've used the Charge all Summer with zero issues at all. Really comes down to which phone you like better as a whole.

23. fbm111

fbm111 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 13, 2010

No phones compare to motorola in sunlight. Want the absolute best in sunlight get bionic. that is its only good quality in my opinion.

24. jmorton10

jmorton10 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    What Motorola phones are you talking about??

My Motorola DroidX was not very good at all in the sun......

~John

25. fbm111

fbm111 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 13, 2010

Yes sorry. I meant the Pentile ones. X2, d3, bionic and whatever else that display was in.