• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bird Bar Light - similar app?

idic

Jan 8, 2012
I recently found Bird Bar Light, an app which brings down the notification bar with a swipe in from the top 2cm or so of the side of the screen in any app (including full screen ones) - useful on my Galaxy Nexus as the screen is sometimes too big to reach the top bar comfortably with one hand.

Unfortunately it stops the thumb controls from working in the ICS stock browser, even though the notification swipe only responds to the top 2cm as it should. Nothing happens when you swipe in anywhere else. Does anyone know of a similar app for bringing down the notification bar in Android 4.0?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm the developer of Bird Bar. You found a bug in the lite version of the app. Sorry about that. The premium version has had it fixed for a few weeks now and the lite version is likely to have it fixed during the next big update. That is probably going to be within the next few weeks though.

If you want it fixed asap, try the premium version. There's a ton of other features, including popup notifications, and I'm even working on a feature to only allow the swipes to occur on fullscreen apps.

I sent you a private message as well.

Thanks
Mike dg

Upvote 0
Excellent - thanks for the tip! I was so disappointed as it was perfect in every other way. Now a happy customer. :)

I hope you get the Lite version fixed soon though, as it may put others off who try it out before purchasing.

The reason there was a delay was because I was trying to hammer out a handful of premium exclusive features before the holidays. Outside of this bug fix, which I thought was really minor, all the other changes were premium only, but since both versions share a ton of code the changes could affect the lite version. I didn't want to risk breaking something for the lite users for a seemingly innocuous update. So I basically just tested the hell out of the premium update and got that out. I have one more premium update to release and then I'll bring up the lite version to version parity and then from then on I'll do my best to keep them in sync.

You'll notice the premium is up to 2.0.2 and the lite is 2.0.0.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones