• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Birthday Reminders on Google Now

egernant

Jun 30, 2010
I've searched this question a bunch but everything I'm finding seems outdated, so apologies if this has been asked before.

For those of us who have ditched Facebook but are looking for a way to get push notifications regarding our contacts' birthdays and anniversaries, what is the best solution? I get automatic reminders via Google Now for my Google+ friends, but that's like 5% of my contact list. I'm going through Google Contacts (through Gmail) and adding these dates to everyone. I can get them to show up in Google Calendar, but that's not a real reminder. I want to set up one of the following:

- Have birthdays from my Google Contacts show up as reminders in Google Now - not just the Google+ contacts, but anyone in my contact list that I assign a birthday
- If that's not possible, set up Calendar reminders for any event in the "Birthdays and Events" calendar that I enabled without having to manually set up 100+ reminders plus an additional reminder for every birthday I ever add.

Any solutions? This should be so simple - this is what Google Now is for, right? The right information at the right time?

Nexus 5, for those wondering.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones