• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
hey... just a few hours ago the screen started going black.. all I could see is the drop down notification bar and thats it. I had to guess where my icons were on the screen lol. once i click on the app, i can see it.

so.... if my phone is on screen - off.. i press the home button (bottom middle) or the top power button then i can see my wallpaper and the slide button at the bottom.. soon as I slide to unlock it goes all black.. but if i press in the general area of were the 'internet' icon is , it will open up dolphin browser and I can use it ok. same with phone or handcent. so weird! all I can see is black and the bar across the top. In need of a complete wipe and start fresh? ??haha Im using Xperia X10 by the way 2.1 rooted

can I use the config menu after I restart the phone? I think you press the back button or something and there is an option to flash the phone through that?? correct?

hey... just a few hours ago the screen started going black.. all I could see is the drop down notification bar and thats it. I had to guess where my icons were on the screen lol. once i click on the app, i can see it.

so.... if my phone is on screen - off.. i press the home button (bottom middle) or the top power button then i can see my wallpaper and the slide button at the bottom.. soon as I slide to unlock it goes all black.. but if i press in the general area of were the 'internet' icon is , it will open up dolphin browser and I can use it ok. same with phone or handcent. so weird! all I can see is black and the bar across the top. In need of a complete wipe and start fresh? ??haha Im using Xperia X10 by the way 2.1 rooted

can I use the config menu after I restart the phone? I think you press the back button or something and there is an option to flash the phone through that?? correct?

If you know how to navigate...or if you have an app like Appbrain loaded, I would suggest installing a different launcher maybe.

Like if you use LauncherPro, try switching or installing ADW Launcher or vice versa.

If you can't navigate and do it, then I'm not sure. I hope you have done a backup recently, because flashing it might be the easiest and quickest thing to do.

If you plan or resetting to default or flashing your phone to it's default, then download SEUS from Sony's website and go through it (it will tell you what to do)

Or you could download SuperOneClick and root and flash to a generic version if you want to go the more custom route. For that, I would suggest to read a couple other threads here. There have been a ton of how to guides and other people who have gone that route.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones