• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kevkelsar

Android Enthusiast
Jan 11, 2010
After rooting and flashing ROMs on Android for almost 2 years (started with the Eris, then Droid 2), I've finally run into a problem that I can't seem to solve.

About a week ago I installed MIUI. It was fun, but I kept getting FC issues in many areas of it. In addition, it would completely lose any data or phone service and require a reboot. If those areas are fixed in the future, I will definitely go back to MIUI.

So, I decided to check out CM7. Put it on just two days ago and have been loving it. I wake up this morning, no data connection. I can still make phone calls. I've wiped everything, flashed the newest build (54), still nothing. I even wiped everything and then restored a nandroid backup, still no data connection. I don't get anything at all. No 3G symbol, no 1x symbol. Blah, frustrated.

I guess my only option is to SBF and start all over, unless someone else has some other ideas. Yes, I have factory wiped. Yes, I have dialed *228 and done both options. Just a little ticked because I can't SBF from work since it requires installing RSD Lite and any installations require IT to input their username and password.

I was able to SBF last night (a very easy process, actually) and that fixed everything. Just in case anyone else runs into the same issue. I think my problem came from using a CM7 unofficial build that apparently had the battery fix in it. I'm now using the official nightlies, so I hope I don't run into the same problem again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones