• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blank Home Screen when Waking phone?

kentl901

May 10, 2010
Hey all,

Has anyone had any of this? My phone would be in my pocket, but if I were to take it out and check my mail, the screen would be blank. I would see the wallpaper and the 3 icons on the bottom of the screen (phone, application drawer, and contacts).

It'd lag for a bit before things show up. When I say lag, I mean a pretty significant lag.

Thanks!

Start to have significant issues like that in the last few days ever since I installed launcher pro don't know if the two are connected. But every day since day one something elder occurs but trying to hold out before exchanging or returning. I am sure Moto will have a patch for the issues as the complaints pile up. Besides that I love the X and don't want to loose it.

Upvote 0
I was having those issues too. The screen would go completely black and unresponsive. After about 30 seconds or so I could double tap the home button and the Voice Comands would come up. I would usually have to restart the phone. I think mine might have been related to the Fancy Widget I was running. I noticed it made my phone lag quite a bit, and would often fail to update. Since I removed it I haven't had the black screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones