• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bloatware List help + questions. HELP!

clor

Lurker
Jan 6, 2011
Can anyone help me with a list of safe bloatware to remove from metro pcs ascend? i know this question has been asked over a billion times but just wanted a clear answer. i also know that the rule is remove what you are comfortable removing but i would feel more comfortable if more than one person removed the same thing. :D

Can i remove file manager if i downloaded ASTRO?

Is document to go important or can i also delete it?

email, G mail, mail@metro..... do i really need all 3?

is metro navigation the same thing as navigation? or can i delete metro nav. ?

FREEdi youtube download. wtf is that? i already have youtube and it works.:thinking:

did alot of people deleted metro easy wifi and boingo ? i heard that it kills battery but also heard that after some deleted it, the internet didnt work.

i installed titanium backup but whenever i moved some preinstalled apps i see that the phone internal memory stays the same? or is the internal memory something completely different? :thinking:

ive been on this forum for a couple of days now and decided to make an account. hopefully there can be ascend users that help me out here. sorry for so much questions. help will be appreciated. thanks!:)

I installed titanium and did a backup and then uninstalled uno and free games and froze: loopt, metrobackup(since you have to pay for it and i know ill never use it), mocospace, myextras, and pocketexpress.
all seems to be working now. most of teh ones you mentioned are things id use so i left those and like you im too uncomfortable removing more..

Upvote 0
Shouldn't you keep one of the two Boingo Wifi or MetroPCS Easy Wifi???

Absolutely not. :) Boingo is paid wifi. So unless you subscribe to it, it's a completely stupid useless app that ALWAYS runs and CONTINUES to run in the background no matter how much you kill it. You can use the metropcs easy wifi if u like it. I hated it. I just use a wifi on/off toggle widget to turn mine on and off, and if I touch the bottom of the widget, it takes me to my wifi settings. The easy wifi is simply a wifi app that controls your wifi settings and shows private hot spots and what not.

Upvote 0
Hello to all. I have a problem. I installed titanium and I tried to uninstall the programs that are listed and I get an error that says cannot locate apk file. What can I do because my extras id getting on my nerves.

I'm guessing you're on Metro. Check out Tokenpoke's ultimate ascend customization guide found in the "Ascend - All Things Root" sub-forum.

Upvote 0
Hello to all. I have a problem. I installed titanium and I tried to uninstall the programs that are listed and I get an error that says cannot locate apk file. What can I do because my extras id getting on my nerves.
Welcome to the forum. Titanium Backup won't work if you have 2.2. You need to use Root Explorer.

Reactions: swtnss
Upvote 0
Here is a List of the things I removed.

1) Boingo Wifi
2) MetroPCS Easy Wifi
3) Virtual Card
4) Documents To Go
5) Games ( Which Just Took You To A Place To Buy Them ) Goodbye
6) Pocket Express
7) Online Banking

I kept the rest

I kept doc to go, but I got rid of UNO, I freed up a ton of room.
Right after you dump these programs, then reboot, you will see a ton of room. I am actually going to flash my phone to cm7, I have heard and read great things about it. :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones