• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blood & Glory on Captivate?

ima49311

Lurker
Nov 29, 2011
New to the forum...so please be gentle ;)

Im trying to download Blood & Glory on my captivate (which i've had numerous issues with, but that might be another thread later) but it's telling me i dont have sufficient space to download.

The kicker is, i JUST replaced this phone on Sunday with a new one and barely have anything on it. So i know i have the space for a 30mb file. Using a System Info app it reads 1555MB internal memory free, 13331MB free on the sd card and 1932MB free on my external sd card.. so i know the space is there.

So what gives? Is there a file size cap that i don't know about? the only thing i can think of (and this is thru the same app) is its more than my allowed "download cache". According to the app, my download cache max is 30.05mb and my free is usually around 29.61mb.

Could that be it? IS there a max i can download? any other captivate users out there have this problem? this happened before when i tried to download an game way back when i first got my phone last year but didnt pay it much mind since i didnt really know how to use my phone yet. i figured i was doing something wrong. but it seems to still happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

No, it's a common thing with the market. Push your menu button > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All tab > Scroll to Market (then tap to open) > Clear data. Then try to download it again.

Oh, and just so you know, that game has some rather expensive in-app purchases. It's down-right criminal. But fun to play with until you run out of coins.

Upvote 0
Its a common issue with the Galaxy S devices and your only option is to search for the app outside of the Android Market.

When Samsung built the first Galaxy S the Android Market had a limit of 25MB. Because of this Samsung only created a 30MB protected app cache for downloading apps from the Market. Later Google updated the market to support apps up to 50MB in size but unfortunately Samsung did not increase the app cache size.

So if you try to install any app over 30MB (give or take a MB or two) it will not install and will tell you that you have insufficient space. Try download the game from GetJar, it should install without issue as it does not use the protected app cache when downloading apps.

Blood and Glory from GetJar

Reactions: jerofld
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones