• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

khaddem

Feb 14, 2010
I'm looking for the best 3 bluetooth headsets to talk on my Note 3. Something that can read emails, texts and process commands in French and English. I've a French accent and my friends and family have French names. It must have great battery and must be comfortable to wear and good range from the phone. Last it must have great noise cancelation and good audio for music and phone calls sound in public places. Thank you all.

The headset has nothing to do with languages or accents - that's done by the phone itself.

As far as headsets, that's really a personal matter - there are many good ones out there. I've always preferred Jabra and Motorola headsets, and currently use a Motorola H720. Even though I'm hard of hearing, I can hear pretty well with it.

If you prefer one that sticks into your ear, the Jabra Wave is also pretty good. (I'd have to take my hearing aid out every time I'd use it, which is why I changed to the H720.)

Upvote 0
I'm looking for the best 3 bluetooth headsets to talk on my Note 3. Something that can read emails, texts and process commands in French and English. I've a French accent and my friends and family have French names. It must have great battery and must be comfortable to wear and good range from the phone. Last it must have great noise cancelation and good audio for music and phone calls sound in public places. Thank you all.

I've had this one & highly recommend it,great value + functionality = CAN'T MISS:

Motorola Elite Sliver Bluetooth Headset - Black - $49.95

Opt for the bulk packaging & save some money:

Motorola Elite Sliver Bluetooth Headset - Black (Bulk) - $39.95

Or,go the refurbished route & save even more:

Motorola Elite Sliver Bluetooth Headset - Black (Refurbished) - $29.95

Reactions: zipred
Upvote 0

Check these ones out (you can use any 3.5mm headset to connect to any of these. It requires download of additional apps, in order to read texts and emails, but it works (although, the MW1 Pro doesn't really work well with regular emails, but works great with gmail))

Sony MW1 Pro

or

Sony SBH50 or SBH52

Reactions: zipred and KOLIO
Upvote 0
Just ordered a Plantronics.

(And I can't abide the in-ear things.)

I have the Voyager Legend. Used to be a fan of Jawbone, but their customer service was awful and had so many problems with my Jawbone Era. After I got the Voyager Legend, I didn't even wanna use the replacement they decided to send me because I blasted their customer service and quality of product on twitter

Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth - Black (Refurbished) - $44.95

Voyager Legend is fairly compact and works fantastic. It looks much bigger in the pics than it really is.

Upvote 0
Another vote for anything made by Plantronics.

They've been making headsets/audio gear since Bluetooth was a dental malady.

Their early BT headsets were just too "big" for my liking, but the office bluetooth I used to have (before the charging base fried and the company wouldn't pay for a replacement) was pretty amazing. Range was great.

Now that I have the Legend (moving from my Jawbone Era), I'm happy I made the switch. While I really did like the Jawbone experience with my ICON HD, the Era I had started running into issues and Jawbone only wanted to help, after I blasted their customer support (after months of back and forth explaining the issue and going over the same troubleshooting tips over and over). By then, it was too late and I had moved on.

Upvote 0
Oh, sorry. This one:
Samsung BHM1000 Bluetooth kuuloke - Gigantti

This store only has one Samsung bluetooth hadnsfree for sale, so I forgot to add the model..

No worries. I've never heard of anyone using that one in particular. The only BT handset I use from Samsung is the HS3000, which is a stereo bluetooth dongle that can connect any headset with a 3.5mm connector. I don't use it as a headset though. I use that for my car, which is a fantastic alternative when there's no bluetooth integration in one's car.

As for headsets, I would take a look at a4c.com Home Page : Online shopping for electronics, Cellular accessories and more., to get a good "discounted" headset. They carry a lot of "name" brands and some of the top bluetooth headsets, for much cheaper than normal retail price. They ship internationally also. Not saying that the headset you were looking at is "sub-par", but if you're looking to get a good bluetooth headset, might as well go for one that is top rated.

Reactions: LilianTepes
Upvote 0
No worries. I've never heard of anyone using that one in particular. The only BT handset I use from Samsung is the HS3000, which is a stereo bluetooth dongle that can connect any headset with a 3.5mm connector. I don't use it as a headset though. I use that for my car, which is a fantastic alternative when there's no bluetooth integration in one's car.

As for headsets, I would take a look at a4c.com Home Page : Online shopping for electronics, Cellular accessories and more., to get a good "discounted" headset. They carry a lot of "name" brands and some of the top bluetooth headsets, for much cheaper than normal retail price. They ship internationally also. Not saying that the headset you were looking at is "sub-par", but if you're looking to get a good bluetooth headset, might as well go for one that is top rated.

Thank you! I never used headset with my previous phones, but with the Note 3 being so massive and all, I think it will come in handy. :)

Upvote 0

Discovery is an older model from Plantronics. I remember it having mixed reviews. Based on the most current mono-headsets on the market right now, these are the ones that have been regularly listed at the top:

- Jawbone Era
- Plantronics Voyager Legend
- BlueAnt Q2
- Jawbone Icon HD

If you're going for style over substance, then I'd go with whatever best suits your needs in that manner.

Reactions: LilianTepes
Upvote 0
Discovery is an older model from Plantronics. I remember it having mixed reviews. Based on the most current mono-headsets on the market right now, these are the ones that have been regularly listed at the top:

- Jawbone Era
- Plantronics Voyager Legend
- BlueAnt Q2
- Jawbone Icon HD

If you're going for style over substance, then I'd go with whatever best suits your needs in that manner.

I don't need a high-end headset. Medium quality, not too bulky, and not very heavy :)

Upvote 0
I don't need a high-end headset. Medium quality, not too bulky, and not very heavy :)

Another thing to factor in is pricing. If you're going to pay a certain amount for a "medium" quality headset, but can get a higher rated/more reliable headset, then I'd go for the higher rated one.

The Jawbone Era is extremely light and compact, compared to the others I mentioned. Granted, I don't care for their customer service much, but it's a very good lightweight/compact bluetooth headset that has excellent noise cancelling, when the headset works correctly. It has stylish options and can be programmed to do different activities via the jawbone website/program.

I'd take a look at the reviews of the headsets you've been looking at and determine if the product is right for you, prior to purchasing. It's as easy as looking up the product number and adding review in your search.

Upvote 0
This is mine. Used it yesterday and it seems fine.
41WzdULCmQL._SX385_.jpg

Plantronics Voyager Pro HD Bluetooth Headset

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones