• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Headset and Music ?

Hi tomorrow my Samsung Galaxy S III Mini will arrive and it is my second Android in a long time, my last android was a HTC Hero. I did upgrade to a iphone4 a few years back on contact but my mother fell in love with the device so gave her it(she so happy she got her self pink accessory's lol).

I was wondering if someone could help a newbie like me create my dream set up.

I would like to be able to play my music on the go wireless's to my ears, but at the same time I want to be able to talk to people with out the need of my hands.

I saw this lovely looking Bluetooth headset link below but unsure if it would do what I want it to do, could some one help me find something a a little stylish but affordable.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CM8ERJI/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

I saw this lovely looking Bluetooth headset link below but unsure if it would do what I want it to do

These 'phones should do the job perfectly; reviews state they work with both the GS3 and HTC One X, so no reason they won't do likewise with the GS3 Mini.

p.s. moving this to the Android Accessories section for more input.

Reactions: steven198807
Upvote 0
Reactions: steven198807
Upvote 0
For the most part I use a Samsung HS-3000 adapter, it's a bluetooth pendant with apt-x and you can attach whatever headphones or iem's that you want, I believe that the ability to turn your high quality wired headphones into a bluetooth device is phenomenal. :D
OB

Do you know if HS3000 is BT2.1 or BT3.0? I tried looking it up on Amazon, and by itself it has been discontinued while a few of the 3rd party vendors still sell a combo with headphones in different colors. I also noticed comments going back at least a year ago, which make me believe it's not BT4.0.

The reason I'm bringing this up, I have tested a lot of wireless headphones and speakers with different BT versions and with and w/o apt-X. The best sound quality you get is only when you have a combination of Transmitter supporting BT4.0 and receiver with BT4.0 + aptX. I know that definition of high quality is very subjective, especially is you judge the sound from audiophile perspective, but for example BT3.0+EDR with aptX will sound more compressed then the same with BT4.0 stack.

Upvote 0
It's BT 3.0, I personally find that the ability to use any of my excellent wired headphones wirelessly more than makes up for the compression from the stack, especially compared to the usual sound quality using a dedicated BT headset. Also the player definitely figures into the equation, I'm partial to PowerAmp and Jet Audio.
OB

Upvote 0
I highly recommend checking out Neutron Media Player. That one has a true audiophile engine with 32-/64-bit rendering, dithering, crossfeed for better headphone stereo separation, high quality parametric eq, and other dsp effects. They also have Neon version with some processor acceleration.

Upvote 0
Received my headset this morning and it is a very remarkable headset.

The headset fits perfect and is not to tight or lose, you can extend it longer as well on both ears which is a little bit tight to pull them longer. They look good in the mirror and also my family has noticed they dont stick out like other headsets which is nice as you feel confidence while wearing them

Sound quality is perfect, Honestly this is one of the best headsets I have ever had and there is no fuzz or crackle, it is very clear and required no extra software/app on my s3 mini.

The mic is really good, I can hear people over the phone and be heard just fine with my phone in the pocket. The answer phone button is easy to identify by touch/feeling, the other buttons may take some getting use too.
Apparently the person on the other side said he can hear himself, but I'm unsure if that is because of my phone or his.

If anyone is looking at buying a pair I would highly recommend it as it cheap and great quality.
Makes you wonder why people still walk around in wires.

Upvote 0
I enjoyed your first impressions of the Infinity Bluetooth headphones steven198807. Thanks for getting back to us.

Your welcome, it is likely that ill post one more update in a few days after I take it though a week in my life, but so far it is wonderful more then I hoped it would do.

Most likely after Thursday next week when all my task are complete.

Upvote 0
Uh, I remember now seeing these headphones before. These are re-branded Chinese headphones under model BH23: BH23 - Free Shipping - DX

My only concern with these are sponge earpads like in old walkman style headphones. Those are easy to rip and usually they dry out after awhile (old walkman memories lol!!!). But I'm glad these sounds good! This is part of wireless sound evolution of BT2.1 -> BT3.0+EDR (what these are) -> BTW4.0 + aptX (which is the best wireless with almost full bandwidth reproduction of sound without too much compression).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones