• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Integration with Car Audio

bobberuk

Lurker
Feb 21, 2013
I've just been speaking with Pioneer re. linking my car audio head unit to my phone. Currently the track data etc doesn't show on the head unit. They told me the phone needs to support AVRCP v1.3 or higher. Does anyone know if there is a mod or upgrade to support this?

Thanks

Bob

What I've been able to find is your Desire S stock comes with AVRCP 1.0. I have read about rooting your phone and installing a rom that contains 1.3 or higher. I don't know that there is a stock mod available to you. I should not be your definite source however.
I just did some searching about. I hope an owner of the S might lend some information for you. I do want to take the opportunity to welcome you to AF. I hope you enjoy these forums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones