• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help BlueTooth Issues with 2012 Acura TL

I'm hoping someone can help as I have exhausted all hope with Verizon, Acura, Hands Free Link, and HTC. We have a new 2012 Acura TL and am having issues with connecting my Droid Incredible via Blue Tooth. I have performed soft resets, firmware and software upgrades, and a hard reset (factory reset) and tried to pair the phone at least 40 times.

The phone pairs initially and says that it is connected to both phone and media audio. Then a pop-up message appears on the phone saying that the Blue Tooth headset is disconnected at which time the phone says it is paired to media only. The car shows a connection however nothing works (no outbound or inbound calls, no streaming media). Ultimately, the car drops the connection. When you try and re-pair the phone you have to delete it from both the car and phone and the same process repeats itself. The phone is listed on the compatible phones list for Acura/Hands Free Link. Each company is pointing fingers at the other. I spent 2 hours on a conference call with Verizon and Hands Free Link only to have the Verizon rep hang up on us. We also have a 2011 MDX and the phone works just fine, no issues.

Any assistance would be greatly appeciated!

I had the same problem with a 2004 TL. Frustrating. But a friend of mine suggesting using different pairing codes. I used 0000 first then 0001, then 0002, etc. eventually I hit 0006 or so and suddenly everything worked. Had a bad battery several years later and had to reset everything. Same problem. Started at 1000, then 1001, then 1002...suddenly everything worked. No idea why or if that is the answer but it worked for me...

Upvote 0
Thanks. I tried that and it did not work. From what we can tell there is a media option setting under the HFL connection that can be turned off and on. This setting appears to be over riding the phone connection which is the only one the vehicle supports. The problem is when you uncheck the box for media it automatically turns itself back on when the phone reconnects to the vehicle. Per HTC there is no way to permanently turn this setting off. HTC tells me to call Bluetooth...what a run around. There has got to be a way to permanently turn this setting off.

Upvote 0
I just bought a 2011 Camaro. I pared my HTC Incredible to the car. It drops calls. Sometimes I can call the person back the second time and I stay connected, other times I have to call 3 or 4 times and I just forget it!! I've updated my phone. I went to Verizon no help. At the Chevy dealer they were going to hook it up to computer to see if it was a problem. But I dout thats the problem. The blue tooth symbol shows it connects and disconnects. Any suggestions? :-/

Upvote 0
Verizon admitted that the problem I experienced was probably a technical flaw with the phone, however, HTC would never say that even though I did get a HTC Manager to say that I shouldn't be having the issue in the first place. I also had my local Acura dealer check the bluetooth on my TL and it was fine. No issues and we paired it with about 5 different phones. I ultimately upgraded my phone to the Motorola Bionic and have had no issues since. The issue was with the HTC Incredible.

Reactions: beautybug63
Upvote 0
It really is an HTC problem as they are responsible for the phone's software. If you have the latest firmware update on your phone I would say no they haven't fixed it. You can try calling them but when I spoke with them they were somewhat useless. Sorry, I cannot be of more help. I really liked the incredible and hated to replace it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones