• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth on note 3 doesnt appear to be working

A

Android Question

I have just upgraded from the Note 2 to the note 3 which I love however i cannot get my bluetooth to discover any devices. I have the note 2 still which picks up other devices close by but the note 3 doesnt pick them up. Very frustrating as I use a bluetooth headset for my work and am unable to do so at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have googled but found no answers to this particular issue. HELP

Set the headset in discovery mode. Put it on the phone, to the left of the earphone (up near the top edge). Scan. If it discovers it that way, and loses the connection when you move the headset away a bit, the Bluetooth antenna isn't connected. That's a fast repair, and it's covered under the warranty (it's a manufacturing error).

If it still doesn't discover it I'd guess that your Bluetooth receiver is shot. I'd push for a new phone if that's the case - it's factory defective.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones