• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music starts playing automatically after phone calls or sometimes during calls?

Ok, this is really annoying. It's been going on for some time now. If I have my Bluetooth headset connected to my phone, everytime I end a call, my music just starts playing automatically. Sometimes immediately after I dial a number and it starts ringing, my music will just start playing automatically. Not sure if the person I'm calling can hear the music, but I definitely cannot hear the person with the music blairing. Then after I pause it and talk to the person, I hang up and the music starts again. I've tried to kill the music app. It doesn't matter which music app I'm using. I was using Spotify. I recently uninstalled it and now just listening to MP3s using either poweramp or Samsung music player. They all do it. Whatever app I use to listen to music in my car auto starts playing when I use my Bluetooth headset everytime I use the phone. The music starts playing automatically only when I have a Bluetooth audio device connected to the phone.

When I go to my Bluetooth options, I have the option to disable/enable phone and audio... I cannot diable audio/music on my headset because when I use my phone to make calls, I'm using the app sideline which I use voip which is using the music channel to make calls. I'm not calling using the android native phone app. I do this because my cell signal at my house is really bad, but we finally have rock solid fast internet.

I work from home, so this is super distracting when calling customers.

Ok, this is really annoying. It's been going on for some time now. If I have my Bluetooth headset connected to my phone, everytime I end a call, my music just starts playing automatically. Sometimes immediately after I dial a number and it starts ringing, my music will just start playing automatically. Not sure if the person I'm calling can hear the music, but I definitely cannot hear the person with the music blairing. Then after I pause it and talk to the person, I hang up and the music starts again. I've tried to kill the music app. It doesn't matter which music app I'm using. I was using Spotify. I recently uninstalled it and now just listening to MP3s using either poweramp or Samsung music player. They all do it. Whatever app I use to listen to music in my car auto starts playing when I use my Bluetooth headset everytime I use the phone. The music starts playing automatically only when I have a Bluetooth audio device connected to the phone.

When I go to my Bluetooth options, I have the option to disable/enable phone and audio... I cannot diable audio/music on my headset because when I use my phone to make calls, I'm using the app sideline which I use voip which is using the music channel to make calls. I'm not calling using the android native phone app. I do this because my cell signal at my house is really bad, but we finally have rock solid fast internet.

I work from home, so this is super distracting when calling customers.
ok i am not familiar with sideline. but looking at their website, it states that it is not a voip. it uses your existing cellular network. if this is not the app, then what voip are you using? and music channel? what is that?

edit:Sideline | Your Phone's Other Number

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok i am not familiar with sideline. but looking at their website, it states that it is not a voip. it uses your existing cellular network. if this is not the app, then what voip are you using? and music channel? what is that?

edit:Sideline | Your Phone's Other Number
Sideline gives you the choice in the app to use either voip or cellular. That's why I chose it. If my internet connection is super slow but my cellular connection is great, then I use cellular voice to make calls. When I call from the app and tell it to dial, it dials using the native andoid app same as I'm making a call from the phone app itself. If I tell it to use voip, then when I dial out, it uses the sideline app dialer and the call continues inside of sideline. So, then the call is being completed over the internet connection like a skype connection or a google voice connection over a PC. It's using the wifi data connection.

So, if I tell my headset to use the phone channel, it will only work for the native phone app. But, if sideline is set to using voip, it's not using the phone channel. It's ultimately using the music channel or multimedia channel because it's a data connection over the sideline app itself.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
This is the setting in sideline. And you can see how bad my cell signal is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231010_111519_Sideline.jpg
    Screenshot_20231010_111519_Sideline.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones