• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth phone call switching to phone speaker with no notice

uktivo

Jan 17, 2011
Hi All,

I'm having an issue that I was trying to find out if anyone else has the same problem.

My phone links to my BMW (new 5 series 2011) inbuilt bluetooth system. Everything works well, except that when i'm on a call after a period of time the phone will lose it's connection with the bluetooth and switch to internal speakers.. meaning the person can't hear you and of course you can't hear the person, except for a tiny voice, like a borrower is in your pocket..:D

Does anyone or has anyone had this issue?

Had this on my Droid 3. Unacceptable as I am on the phone in car often for work, working bluetooth is a must. Took it back and went back to my Blackberry. I have seen a handful of threads having the same Bluetooth issues on the Gal S2. Maybe Android hasn't figured out Bluetooth??? I don't know. Seems many folks use these phones as game stations and not much "phone" use so this bug may not show up.

Upvote 0
Just went back to my trusty 9700. Waiting for the 9900 to hit ATT. Thinking about the SG2 as it will hit ATT before the 9900 and I was interested to see if Android could offer more than BB without compromise. So far with my time on the D3 and reading the various forums, it seems Android does offer more in terms of widgets and whatnot but lacks in the day to day, nuts and bolts of what a "work phone" needs to be able to do without compromise. Phone usage and battery life are at the top of my list.

Upvote 0
I've used bb for many years before moving to the I phone 3gs, I've leaped into android with the s2 and have liked the phone but out does have some quality issues around phone calls.. I keep looking at the bb9900 and may take the plunge.

I have heard reports that the battery life on the 9900 is now down to 1 day with medium use..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones