• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bluetooth Radio ON = slowdowns?

Any of you guys notice the phone running noticeably slower when bluetooth radio is on?
I'm not sure why but it seems to crash android_system on ocassion too while toggling it.

this only happened to me when i removed the music.apk but soon as i restored the music.apk it was all good and fast it seems the bluetooth is binded with music.apk which sucks. I hope that is the problem you are facing and can be solved this way

Upvote 0
Thank you sir. So far so good, man I looked at everything else lol. Config files, services, processes, logs. I hope that was it. I never noticed it because I kept bluetooth disabled, I also want to mention that removing music app and enabling bluetooth causes reboots. Just something for people rebooting to look into.

Just confirmed this. I'd imagine the same thing would happen to anyone using titanium backup to freeze the music app wich might seem harmless enough, but it's definately not.

Upvote 0
Thank you sir. So far so good, man I looked at everything else lol. Config files, services, processes, logs. I hope that was it. I never noticed it because I kept bluetooth disabled, I also want to mention that removing music app and enabling bluetooth causes reboots. Just something for people rebooting to look into.

Just confirmed this. I'd imagine the same thing would happen to anyone using titanium backup to freeze the music app wich might seem harmless enough, but it's definately not.

lol yah i found it out the hard way when i first froze music.apk phone feels like a ascend when ever i turned on bluetooth but ur welcome im glad to be of help

Upvote 0
It's always good to see people revolve thEir problem...

Btw, you guys have problem pairing with another device?

Yes that was the major problem i had besides the lag when bluetooth was on. I couldnt pair with any device at all and i tried lots. My ipod touch 4th gen, my girlfriends samsung galaxy indulge, my friends Optimus, my moms samsung admire, my playstation 3, my 4 computers and all failed to pair. I noticed that when i hit pair the passkey window would not show up on my esteem until after i was fed up with waiting and i would disable bluetooth then the passkey window showed up. But it was too late since bluetooth was disabled. Then after searching the internet for days i came across this thread and when i unfroze the music app as suggested above my phone starting working 100% again.

Upvote 0
Yes that was the major problem i had besides the lag when bluetooth was on. I couldnt pair with any device at all and i tried lots. My ipod touch 4th gen, my girlfriends samsung galaxy indulge, my friends Optimus, my moms samsung admire, my playstation 3, my 4 computers and all failed to pair. I noticed that when i hit pair the passkey window would not show up on my esteem until after i was fed up with waiting and i would disable bluetooth then the passkey window showed up. But it was too late since bluetooth was disabled. Then after searching the internet for days i came across this thread and when i unfroze the music app as suggested above my phone starting working 100% again.

did that fix the Bluetooth pairing issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones