• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ChuckZ

Lurker
Aug 9, 2023
About 2 months ago the offline maps disappeared from my old LG phone. A few weeks later & they were still missing. But a few days ago they reappeared. IIRC no settings were changed.

I started using a new Samsung phone a few days ago & downloaded an offline map. A message at the bottom of the screen said "You're currently signed out. Any map downloaded while signed out will be deleted when you sign in."

So I signed in & downloaded another offline map. The first map got updated also but why didn’t it get deleted when I signed in? I’ve been unable to duplicate that scenario.

I went back into Maps and both maps were gone. I signed out, signed in, but maps were gone. Since one map was downloaded while being signed in I'd think that one would have been saved but it wasn’t.

If downloaded while signed in, maps seems to always come back when I toggle between sign out & sign in, except for what happened above. Did that get messed up because maps were downloaded under both scenarios?

My concern is what happened with the old LG phone. AFAIK I never changed the sign out / sign in setting because I just found out about it. IOW are offline maps stable?

Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones