• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth status widget?

V.Lee

Jan 22, 2011
I've been having problems with the Bluetooth on my Epic and my Hyundai - sometimes they connect and sometimes they don't. I've been trying to check the status of my BT before I start the car, plus after I've turned it off to see if I can detect a pattern, like does it sometimes not disconnect which would set it up to not work the next time.

It's a pain trying to do this standing in the parking lot, working my down through settings to get to the BT screen, and then see if it says connected, paired etc. Is anything available that I can put on one of the top level screens, sort of like my "battery monitor widget" that tells me at a glance what % my battery is. Just need it to say something like "paired Tucson" or "connected".

I don't know of a widget but there is an app called Blueunity I place a shortcut for the app on my screen tap that then device locator and it shows a list of your devices and if they are paired/connected. No need to go through the phones menu to get to bluetooth settings to see if your devices are paired or connected so basically 2 taps to get to your list versus like 4-5

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried Blueunity and Quicktooth, and like the latter a bit better. (One step vs two to get to the settings screen). It was difficult to find the app though - for some reason I couldn't find it on an Android Market search, but when I straight out Googled it, it gave me a link to the app on the Market, just in case anyone else is looking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones