• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] battery charging animation when phone off

Yes what you are looking for is in the framework there are a few ways of doing it. An app called ninja morph.(has YouTube videos teaching what to do).. or copy your framework res file with a root explorer and send it to the computer. Find and replace/ edit what you want to. Then replace that system folder..

Ps the ninja morph videos have good programs suggested in them for the computer. I would watch the videos(s) first no matter which method you choose because it will show you what needs to be done.

Upvote 0
when the phone is OFF... that animation is not in the system at all... I can confirm it as I just wiped my phone entirely and powered it off and the animation is still there... that animation was part of the splash.img in my previous device(N762/roamer), but I'm not sure about where it is on this one... could be in boot or recovery but again I'm not sure... I can only confirm that it is not in the framwork.

Reactions: PsyMega
Upvote 0
In this phone it is on an unknown partition or in a non open able file such as Samsung devices that were eventually hacked up to pieces and had entire control over the device nand. The only way to change this would be if we had a tool to open the file or change up the partition sizes and files that can't be accessed..

In all reality no it won't be able to be changed.

Upvote 0
In this phone it is on an unknown partition or in a non open able file such as Samsung devices that were eventually hacked up to pieces and had entire control over the device nand. The only way to change this would be if we had a tool to open the file or change up the partition sizes and files that can't be accessed..

In all reality no it won't be able to be changed.

I'm willing to bet its in p14 since that's where the boot splash is located and it pops right before the animation

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones