• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Battery Stats

Attachments

• Twrp-recovery2_1-820x455_0.jpg
    Twrp-recovery2_1-820x455_0.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: kdraw44 and LilBit
Upvote 0
sir why would one reset battery stats?what is the benefit?

Many think it re-calibrates the battery management system in Android and grants better battery life (or more accurate battery life, as some versions of the story go) but in reality, according to Android Framework Engineer Dianne Hackborn in this article, pretty much all the procedure does is clear the records of what processes have used how much battery.

And how cool is the last name "Hackborn" anyway? :D

Reactions: chopolo and Doc
Upvote 0
Many think it re-calibrates the battery management system in Android and grants better battery life (or more accurate battery life, as some versions of the story go) but in reality, according to Android Framework Engineer Dianne Hackborn in this article, pretty much all the procedure does is clear the records of what processes have used how much battery.

And how cool is the last name "Hackborn" anyway? :D

To add on to that, the "better" battery life just comes after calibration because the Android System reads how much battery everything is using more accurately. It's not about better life, its about a more accurate reading. It also prevents the jumpiness of battery life when you restart the phone. I never calibrated my old Optimus V when I flashed CM7 on it, so every time I restarted the phone the battery percentage would go all over the place. For example, if I turn off my phone and its at 87 percent before I restart it, when it comes back on it'll say something like 90 or 80 percent. Calibration prevents this, as far as I know.

And "Hackborn" is such a badass name...... :D

Reactions: LilBit and Doc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones