• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Cyanogenmod 7 progress/updates (daily!)

Snake X

Android Expert
Aug 20, 2011
Its getting to the point where this thread has to be made. I am dedicating this thread to development progress and updates since I know how you guys are about that :p :rolleyes:

Currently, I am working on building an alpha build of cyanogenmod 7 based from quietstorm's configs. If it manages to build, I do not expect it to work at all. I will however make a nandroid backup then test it on my warp.

At the moment repo on my computer at home (im at school right now) should be syncing for the first time if somehow it didnt get canceled or if it froze.

When I get home I should have another update sometime in the afternoon so it wont be too long.

I am usually working on cyanogen from 4:00 pm - around 9 or 10 pm depending on homework. On weekends, all day :D
Oh, I also have this monday off so I'll be working on it all day then too :)

That should be good enough for now :cool:

I'll try to also release a progress update at least once a day to keep you guys satisfied on whats going on and that kinda stuff.

Well it looks like repo froze.. AGAIN :<

last lines before it froze:

From git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_prebuilt
* [new branch] gingerbread -> github/gingerbread
* [new branch] gingerbread-release -> github/gingerbread-release
* [new branch] ics -> github/ics
* [new tag] cm-7.1.0 -> cm-7.1.0

Reactions: Spiyder
Upvote 0
making a new build RIGHT THIS SECOND AS IM TYPING! :O

its been goin for a while now so thats a good sign :D

edit: still going!

***************CYANOGENMOD HAS BEEN BUILT!!!*************************

Not fit for public release yet. In its very essence it is alpha like 0.000001. I still have to do stuff to it and test it then I'll release it as alpha 0.01 and let quietstorm look over it

Upvote 0
lol I do understand coming from your point of view so yeah I try to put stuff out as soon as it happens. I'm trying to now find out how to remove rom manager

edit: I'm going to make another build. I don't thiink that rom manager should have been in there to begin with and I am rebuilding it de-odex'd. I also am adding more libs to it

Reactions: prmax and AndroidxD
Upvote 0
Ok first build scrapped! Second one is without rommanager and it is deodex'd! I built it first odex'd but this time it will be different and it has a lot more libs in it too. Its building as im typing this btw

I don't think I'll have time to do any testing because its late for me. I have to first make a nandroid backup anyways

edit: build fail'd. Seems like I do need rommanager.apk to build afterall. Don't worry the release version will have it removed.

edit 2: DONE! 15 mins flat :D

G'night. Progress will resume tomorrow

Upvote 0
Ok first build scrapped! Second one is without rommanager and it is deodex'd! I built it first odex'd but this time it will be different and it has a lot more libs in it too. Its building as im typing this btw

I don't think I'll have time to do any testing because its late for me. I have to first make a nandroid backup anyways

edit: build fail'd. Seems like I do need rommanager.apk to build afterall. Don't worry the release version will have it removed.

edit 2: DONE! 15 mins flat :D

G'night. Progress will resume tomorrow

Thank you very very very much, We are not plenty of devs for our ZTE Warps.

Upvote 0
Sorry for delay's, I was catching up on youtube subscriptions but i had internet troubles. I'll be working on removing rom manager then getting my phone backed up

edit: backing up data

edit 2: HERE GOES THE FIRST INSTALL OF CYANOGENMOD ON THE ZTE WARP!! *fingers crossed* I hope it doesnt brick :SSSSSSSSS

edit: installing update...

Upvote 0
Rebooting! I will edit this post to reveal results

edit: It's on the green android guy.. so far so good i think

I think its stuck actually. I'll let it run for 30 minutes and if it doesn't do anything by then Im gonna call it a no-go and hand it over to quietstorm who can further develop it.

its been 3 minutes into it and I dont think that its gonna work.. :(

battery pull'd and I still don't think it will work :( :(

Oh well, at least it was worth a try

im gonna try to rebuild it odex'd

THANK GOODNESS cwm recovery works still :D

take 3 on building!

this will make cyanogenmod 7 alpha 0.03

ok still building but I didnt brick my warp thank goodness backup works

here's the WHOLE build output for reference: http://www.pasteall.org/29294

when i select wipe dalvik cache it says E: unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]
so im not sure if thats good or not :s

here goes alpha 0.03!!

rebooting..

Upvote 0
well in any case its still stuck on the green android. I don't think that I did much because I didn't get it to work and plus quietstorm could have done the same thing that I did easily and thus not much progress. I was just trying to see how it would work if I built it but it doesn't work :(

I decided I'm going to let quietstorm take over on this one actually

Upvote 0
well in any case its still stuck on the green android. I don't think that I did much because I didn't get it to work and plus quietstorm could have done the same thing that I did easily and thus not much progress. I was just trying to see how it would work if I built it but it doesn't work :(

I decided I'm going to let quietstorm take over on this one actually
Aaaagh sooo close... I'll give you an A++ for time, effort, and keeping us updated though.:D

Upvote 0
Ok so I was back a while back but now Im here to say that jbdr, your cm build didin't work. Sorry. I'm going to see if I can use it just stock without changing anything. If that doesn't work then I won't be 100% done yet, there may still be a thing or two left that I can do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones