• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost Mobile Galaxy S5 -> Virgin Mobile question

Billy Rubin

Lurker
Sep 27, 2016
Sorry, complete stupid question I'm sure. I've looked and can't figure out how to search for the answer for this if it is already out there.

Can I use a Boost Mobile Galaxy S5 on the Virgin Mobile network if it were rooted?

Edit - If not, or if you have a better suggestion....

I had a Galaxy S3 that finally crapped out on me and I'm looking into hopefully upgrading some what, but I don't want to pay $600. So any suggestions are very welcome as well.

Last edited:
Sorry, complete stupid question I'm sure. I've looked and can't figure out how to search for the answer for this if it is already out there.

Can I use a Boost Mobile Galaxy S5 on the Virgin Mobile network if it were rooted?

Edit - If not, or if you have a better suggestion....

I had a Galaxy S3 that finally crapped out on me and I'm looking into hopefully upgrading some what, but I don't want to pay $600. So any suggestions are very welcome as well.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Billy Rubin!

The Boost Mobile carrier model, G900P, is fully compatible with the U.S. network for Virgin and does not need to be rooted to make it so. See, Will My Phone Work?

If you are looking for alternatives to the expensive flagship phones, take a look at the new OnePlus 3 phone at $399 that is reviewed, here. Unfortunately, it is not fully compatible with either Boost or Virgin and would need a GSM network such as AT&T, T-Mobile, etc:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones