• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Ics or jb sdk ramdisk

So whats been going on in these forums the last month? I mean is it just me, or has the drama level increased ten fold?

Sure, Androidjerr may or may not be Thomasmbl. Time will tell, I'm sure. *shrugs* I'm not preaching either way here, because frankly, I couldn't care less.

There's so much other stuff going on. Really, guys? What happened to the carefree environment we had going on? If one person or two people bother you, take it to PM's. Or, even better, PM a mod. Don't bring the banter to the threads, because frankly, it's driving me nuts. All I'm seeing around anymore is arguing and crap, and really, it's not worth me coming here much anymore.

Sorry. Had to get that off my chest. *shrugs*

Upvote 0
OH, and to actually contribute to the thread in someway/shape/form:

Free Your Android - How to Port Android to Another Device

this guide is a good start in the right direction for porting.

It breaks it down to some files you need to change, but there will still be more tweaking that has to be done. Also, just as an FYI:

Whatever you port, be it CM7, MIUI, etc...will have the same bugs as the ROM you port. Wifi, bluetooth, etc. So be cautious, and as always, use at your own risk.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Well i dont have a pc or anything so i dont plan on tryin my hand at porting or tryin to dev my own rom for a long time cuz i know i cant afford one i have $15000 in school loans for this year and another 10 next year so im kinda tied up $ wise but i like to get info before hand so i go into it with some knowledge

Upvote 0
Well, we are back on topic now. If I can find any more reading material for porting, I will gladly post it.

Although, that site has some of the best reading I have seen.

I can also suggest browsing XDA forums, as well. They helped me with some other android-related things, and were all polite and courteous. Just a suggestion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones