• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost Mobile now has free Hotspot enabled

Attachments

• 1457100931257.jpg
    1457100931257.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0
was reading this on boost mobile site as well as here so i took a look at my phones and am very confused about enabling this hot spot.

i have 3 volts all on the same plan (all the old 1 gb plan, now 2 gb) and only one of them can enable the hotspot?? i have turned it on and verified it works no problem. that phone is updated to the newest firmware and has never been flashed so it is still running the stock boost os.

the other 2 have both been flashed to the v. 3 rom i got form here a long time ago. one of these has been updated to v. 6 as well using the over the air updata from boost. it does not even have the hotspot option and the settings look totally different from the stock phone!! the third phone is still on v3 rom and is rooted and is also does not have the hotspot option and the same different settings menu as the other one i flashed with the v3 rom.

is there some reason the v3 rom i got form hear somehow removes this as an option even after the ota update was applied? i would love to have this option on all the phones but don't know how to get it back for the 2 flashed phones. if i flash the newest v6 rom on here will that give me back the hotspot option?

please help, i am so confused :(

edit: found the answer in an old buried thread but got the option back for the 2 phones missing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I might have put this in the wrong place

I upgraded to the Boost mobile's 45 dollar Plan with Growing data. it includes Unlimited United States Talk, Unlimited Text and 5 GB of growing data..

The main reason I upgraded is because it includes a "Free Mobile Hotspot" with shared data. The excerpt below is from my contact agreement.

Free mobile hotspot: Mobile hotspot is now included on all plans. The data is drawn from the monthly plan’s highspeed data allotment, making it easy to turn a customer’s phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot. Customers may connect up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices.

Boost Mobile made this available on Jan 26, 2016. I signed up for this plan on Jan 27, 2016 so that I can do homework while commuting from Work to Home on the Train or Bus.

This feature worked like a champ until it came to a screeching halt on February 5, 2016.

I have made at least 8 calls to the customer no service line. One time I spent 3 hours on the call and managed to go up 4 pass-along levels to ever higher management and supervisors.

During another call they told me this is an add on service and not included as part of their service at which time I offered to send them a copy of their own contract showing them that there was a misunderstanding. They then told me that there is no process or way to help me unless I purchase the extra services. I responded your internal bureaucratic controls are not inline with your agreement with me that I signed at the time of service.

Another time they told me I used up all of my 5 GB of data though my phone showed I only used 1.5 GB, and the data usage on their website agreed with the 1.5 GB of data usage. They kept telling me I am maxed out and once they had that in their little notes on their "Help Desk File" pertaining to me. They then began to shut me down not taking my pleading for help seriously. they treat me like "Here comes this guy again" just wasting our time.

Finely a manager reset the data usage on my account back to zero and agreed that the other customer service folks where mistaken about mobile hot spot being an add on.

Now guess what as of today March 7, 2016 still no Mobile Hot Spot. But they say we know there is a problem and we will get back to you when it is fixed. "Don't call us we will call you"

Anybody else not getting the Boost Mobile service they are paying for.?

signed
UGH just trying to do my homework during my commute.

Upvote 0
I might have put this in the wrong place

I upgraded to the Boost mobile's 45 dollar Plan with Growing data. it includes Unlimited United States Talk, Unlimited Text and 5 GB of growing data..

The main reason I upgraded is because it includes a "Free Mobile Hotspot" with shared data. The excerpt below is from my contact agreement.

Free mobile hotspot: Mobile hotspot is now included on all plans. The data is drawn from the monthly plan’s highspeed data allotment, making it easy to turn a customer’s phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot. Customers may connect up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices.

Boost Mobile made this available on Jan 26, 2016. I signed up for this plan on Jan 27, 2016 so that I can do homework while commuting from Work to Home on the Train or Bus.

This feature worked like a champ until it came to a screeching halt on February 5, 2016.

I have made at least 8 calls to the customer no service line. One time I spent 3 hours on the call and managed to go up 4 pass-along levels to ever higher management and supervisors.

During another call they told me this is an add on service and not included as part of their service at which time I offered to send them a copy of their own contract showing them that there was a misunderstanding. They then told me that there is no process or way to help me unless I purchase the extra services. I responded your internal bureaucratic controls are not inline with your agreement with me that I signed at the time of service.

Another time they told me I used up all of my 5 GB of data though my phone showed I only used 1.5 GB, and the data usage on their website agreed with the 1.5 GB of data usage. They kept telling me I am maxed out and once they had that in their little notes on their "Help Desk File" pertaining to me. They then began to shut me down not taking my pleading for help seriously. they treat me like "Here comes this guy again" just wasting our time.

Finely a manager reset the data usage on my account back to zero and agreed that the other customer service folks where mistaken about mobile hot spot being an add on.

Now guess what as of today March 7, 2016 still no Mobile Hot Spot. But they say we know there is a problem and we will get back to you when it is fixed. "Don't call us we will call you"

Anybody else not getting the Boost Mobile service they are paying for.?

signed
UGH just trying to do my homework during my commute.
I've never had a problem with Hotspot. I use it all the time.
Best of luck to you. I've been a few rounds with boost customer service and it wasn't fun at all. They called me a liar at one point. (I ended up with 3 months of free service after that little fiasco)

Upvote 0
i have it running on 3 volt phones now no issues. and we are all on the old service plans that should not even allow it according to what people have posted here!! never upgraded the service to get the hotspot but it works for me. i have the very old 1 gb plan with bonus data getting me to 4 gb/month that i have had for a couple years now.

Upvote 0
So I just hit my cap for data yesterday. But I got bored and found this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.ab.internetbooster.optimizator
Then I used the root section and hit that lightning button a few times and after rebooting BC I thought I glitches my lte service (custom ROM) I decided to switch ROMs and I was shocked that I was still using late speed instead of 2g dropped down speeds.

Attachments

• 1458854711907.jpg
    1458854711907.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 1458854917117.jpg
    1458854917117.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Here I am 2 months later and calling about every 7 days still no resolution, I have a "Ticket Number" as soon as the phone desk hears about my ticket number they say don't call us anymore we know about the problem.

I am still paying for a service I am not receiving.

Upvote 0
Here I am 2 months later and calling about every 7 days still no resolution, I have a "Ticket Number" as soon as the phone desk hears about my ticket number they say don't call us anymore we know about the problem.

I am still paying for a service I am not receiving.
Frustrating to be sure. However, as for paying for a service you're not receiving, technically, no, you're not since its free and they didn't raise prices as part of making it free. The price you're paying is for the amount of data, not hotspot.

Unfortunately it sounds like you're stuck until they decide to fix it. What if you reselect your plan again?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones