• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Sprint Freedom (Merge of VM and Boost)

Well......... the article says Sprint plans on doing this without dropping anything (or anyone). We shall see. I just can't see them hurting their long term Boost customers. We've been a steady base for them for years.

It's gonna be interesting to see how they decide on managing this merger.

I think it all comes down to customer service, as in Sprint would be completely stupid to approach this without thinking about long-term consequences of upsetting existing Boost/VM users. All of us are computer-savvy enough to make bad word of mouth extend beyond our immediate circles of family and friends for starters. Plus, if they really are that stupid, I will gladly offer my consultant services for a lower price than what they are paying their current executives!

Upvote 0
I think it all comes down to customer service, as in Sprint would be completely stupid to approach this without thinking about long-term consequences of upsetting existing Boost/VM users. All of us are computer-savvy enough to make bad word of mouth extend beyond our immediate circles of family and friends for starters. Plus, if they really are that stupid, I will gladly offer my consultant services for a lower price than what they are paying their current executives!

Stupid, yeah, that doesn't mean they won't do anything stupid.
Throughout history we've done stupid things people have said are the worst move said company or person could make, yet inevitably companies and/or people end up doing it anyways, then wonder why everything went sour, all the while scratching their heads walking around in a daze.

While the majority of us know things should work correctly this way, companies always seem to "know best" in each case, and more times than not, seem to flop dead on their faces. Then those of us who knew better just sit back and shake out heads in disgust at the whole ordeal.

Sadly we can't control it, so the best we can do is look for other solutions or work around or move on to other avenues that DO work......sad fact but true :(.

Why companies can't take notice of forums, and I mean the forums and people that are the majority and have a general consensus that this or that works, and why us the consumer aka: devs, seem to have to fix what's broken has always been beyond my comprehension.

If I were a company, I would indeed "listen" to my customer/Dev base, especially those that are proven in MOST cases, but we just have this notion that I'm the elder, or I'm the ceo, etc..etc.... and I know best.....while patting the younger crowd on the head, and shewing them off in another direction as if to say "AHH young one, you know not" and doing what is known not to work anyways......if it were me I'd not necessarily hire the people, but I would at LEAST listen to them and take into consideration what they have proven to work. From what I can tell, the majority of the xda forums and here are of the younger generation, and I might add I am very grateful they help those of us older generation, while not stupid, are just not as tech savvy or program savvy as they are, so I commend those on XDA and here who are the younger generation (IE: 14yrs and up) for your patience and hard work. I'm not proud, I'll be glad to listen to a 14 yr old teach an old dog new tricks if need be, and I'm going on 50 yrs young this year :), as long as they can have respect and patience, I'm all for learning stuff, no matter the age.....age should have NO factor on any aspect of things. I have 2 kids of my own and I have learned many things from them, all in a good way too.

Given all that, while you and I and a lot of others think it'd be a stupid mistake on said companies part....sadly that doesn't matter, because they more times than not, always end up ignoring things and doing what they want to anyways........that brings to mind a phrase a friend of mine uses "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still" and sadly that still holds true.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones