• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Working ROMS/MODS/KERNELS/MODEMS/ECT for the Boost S3

none of the apps in the droid life link u posted are fully working. ive tested them the only things that do fully work in those links are the google play services and hangouts.

keyboard is buggy but works.

camera works but no photo sphere.

google home is buggie and yes i installed this with play services and google search i even removed the original play services and search and installed these to system still no go. google search force closes when u try to use the voice search it will recognize what your saying but as soon as it goes to search force close.

havnt tried gmail, gallery, email, clock, or calender.

useful if only they all worked if you figure anything out to get things working let us know. but u def just gave me something to play with tonight. will let you all know if gmail, gallery, email, clock, or calender work by tomorrow.

Reactions: smith058
Upvote 0
none of the apps in the droid life link u posted are fully working. ive tested them the only things that do fully work in those links are the google play services and hangouts.

google home is buggie and yes i installed this with play services and google search i even removed the original play services and search and installed these to system still no go. google search force closes when u try to use the voice search it will recognize what your saying but as soon as it goes to search force close.

useful if only they all worked if you figure anything out to get things working let us know. but u def just gave me something to play with tonight. will let you all know if gmail, gallery, email, clock, or calender work by tomorrow.

I have the launcher, hangouts, calendar and search working. What I did was .

Install it, push to system app with titanium backup then restart. If the search isn't working change the search language and test it again. I used English uk

Upvote 0
I have the launcher, hangouts, calendar and search working. What I did was .

Install it, push to system app with titanium backup then restart. If the search isn't working change the search language and test it again. I used English uk

I forgot to tell you to download the lib file from.the xda thread and move it where it needs to go. And reboot.

Reactions: smith058
Upvote 0
Yo biker. . Did you see M.O.A.R has been updated to 6.1

also, i downloaded the full flash // MOAR v6.1 [MD4 / 4.1.2] [11.02.13] [871 MB in size]

and i do not see any safety measures that need to be edited... flash away, no editing needed!!!
(however i did not try flashing the full version)

maybe they noticed us boost folks have been needing to edit their script for it to work on our phone so the removed it... if so big thanks!

Upvote 0
also, i downloaded the full flash // MOAR v6.1 [MD4 / 4.1.2] [11.02.13] [871 MB in size]

and i do not see any safety measures that need to be edited... flash away, no editing needed!!!
(however i did not try flashing the full version)

maybe they noticed us boost folks have been needing to edit their script for it to work on our phone so the removed it... if so big thanks!

Yeah. I've never had to edit any of the scripts with the TW ROMs. They have always flashed on my stock Boost baseband. Only AOSP ROMs don't have our baseband and fail to flash. Easy fix though.

As for the MOAR 6.1 update, I just got through reading through the thread. The majority of the reviews are good. A few people have got issues but hey, don't they always? There are always people who fail to follow instructions. Lol. Then scream there's a bug, go back and reflash correctly and miraculously the problem is fixed. :D

Edit: the only thing I've had to do with the TW ROMs was do the MMS fix. Thankfully it's a one time thing and carries over when flashing TW ROMs.

Won't be long before MOAR is running 4.3. :thumbup:

Anyone heard anything about a Boost update soon?

Upvote 0
D'oh!! i typed all that for nothin... i hate typing.../writing/reading
:D

Lol. Hey, how ya liking that MOAR update? I've been thinking about trying it out but I just can't bring myself to change from Dirty Unicorns. I'm telling you guys. Since finding and adding the 4.3 KToonsez kernel, I'm hooked. My phone is running better than ever. There's gonna have to be something special for me to change. I'm one happy camper right now. :D

Upvote 0
Lol. Hey, how ya liking that MOAR update? I've been thinking about trying it out but I just can't bring myself to change from Dirty Unicorns. I'm telling you guys. Since finding and adding the 4.3 KToonsez kernel, I'm hooked. My phone is running better than ever. There's gonna have to be something special for me to change. I'm one happy camper right now. :D
give me a day or two to see how things are, so far all is well... some 4.4 things added, more control over theming/modifying the phone,... i need a couple days...

but you are making me think dirty! i might have to give that mystical horse a ride and see how sleek she really is.

Upvote 0
give me a day or two to see how things are, so far all is well... some 4.4 things added, more control over theming/modifying the phone,... i need a couple days...

but you are making me think dirty! i might have to give that mystical horse a ride and see how sleek she really is.

goin back to MOAR to try it out but this dirty unicorn is so snappy with the KTwerker set up. your gonna love it im not even a fan of aosp cm or paranoid but i love it

Upvote 0

Yup. I've got it hooked up with the Ktoonservative governor and she's running like a top. Decent on battery life too.

I'm very curious to see just how much I can get out of this thing with and without over clocking. I took it up to 1728 and that as far as I went. No reason to go any higher with the way it was running. I had multiple apps running and I wasn't experiencing any lag at all. I'm gonna read through the KToonsez kernel discussion thread and try some of the settings those guys are using. They get into some pretty detailed kernel settings info in there.

Upvote 0

ive been messing with some things on an aosp 4.2.2 rom and having problems with this. it something to play with

Upvote 0
thanks biker im on the new moar rom will post my thoughts after setup and some playing around. some of the 4.4 apks just work on the nexus 7 problems on cyanogen.

Check your PM inbox. I've got the modified Dirty Unicorns AOKP ROM, GAPPS for it, and the KToonsez kernel that's works for it all zipped up and ready for download.

TO ANY OF YOU WHO WANT THE BOOST VERSION OF DIRTY UNICORNS, GAPPS & KTOONSEZ KERNEL

Please let me know and I'll PM you the link. I'm not going to share it publicly here but I will be more than happy so send you a link to my Dropbox and share it privately.

Edit: you will still need to change out to the Boost xml in order for 3g and MMS to work properly.

Who knows, you make it as much as I do. :D:thumbup:;)

Upvote 0
the new moar rom is safe for flashing. dont kill me fellows im a tw fan. im running it on the ktoonz kernal for now with no overclock. the rom stillhas many many features and runs real smooth. as a plus no need to fix mms it flashed a boost setup. you can add this to the one stop shop. thanks for the dirty unicorn. will put dpk kernal and overclock and report back

Upvote 0
the new moar rom is safe for flashing. dont kill me fellows im a tw fan. im running it on the ktoonz kernal for now with no overclock. the rom stillhas many many features and runs real smooth. as a plus no need to fix mms it flashed a boost setup. you can add this to the one stop shop. thanks for the dirty unicorn. will put dpk kernal and overclock and report back

DKP kernel probably won't work unless you use one of the older builds bro. They updated the video drivers for 4.3. This version of 4.3 Dirty Unicorns needs the older drivers. That's why I had to use the 8/31 build of the 4.3 KToonsez kernel.

The newer 4.3 kernels will result in a blank screen after the bootanimation then severe color distortion.

Upvote 0

The link that's posted for MOAR will take you to the same thread for 6.1. :D

I just need to update the link. Then it'll reflect the change. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones